PDA

View Full Version : Pondering

sully0105
11-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Have found out another thing that scares Me is pondering like one example is "why do we breathe oxygen? Why not something else" and "why do we see colors?" and this is kind of off topic but another thing that scares me is like I this "what if gravity fails and I get sucked into space?". Is anybody else like this?

sully0105
11-18-2012, 08:40 AM
I just thought of another one.... Why do we live on earth? Why not somewhere else? :( I need to stop this but I can't!

dazza
11-18-2012, 09:07 AM
>Why do we live on earth? Why not somewhere else?

Because no other planet has a McDonalds

anxiousmal
11-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Hello Sully,

These are quite reasonable questions. And they have been answered, Wikipedia is your friend here.

Dont worry gravity can't fail, that would be against physics.

However if your scaring yourself with questions about all sort of things, I would try distracting myself if I were you. Maybe read something or play a videogame.

dazza
11-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Hello Sully,

These are quite reasonable questions. And they have been answered, Wikipedia is your friend here.

Dont worry gravity can't fail, that would be against physics.

However if your scaring yourself with questions about all sort of things, I would try distracting myself if I were you. Maybe read something or play a videogame.

They are only reasonable questions if the original poster is studying physics & has some homework to do - which I don't think is the case here.

Instead, these irrational questions are spawning from the posters inner-most fears / anxieties. Possibly of death and/or perhaps being out of control.
I imagine there's a sprinkling of depression in there, too.

In order to eradicate these thoughts, the poster needs to find happiness such that the mind no longer finds the time to drift off like it currently is.

AceParadox
11-18-2012, 11:50 AM
We could try and breath water instead but we'd drown :3
We see colors because they're awesome and in movies courtesy of technicolor.
We live on Earth because it's inhabitable.

You have to get your mind on something else xD
Do some crossword puzzles or sodoku, or watch movieess :D
Or daydream about success, love, awesomeness, and pudding.

jhunter89
11-18-2012, 11:56 AM
Why don't dogs see in colour?

drmills
11-21-2012, 02:42 AM
What is it about these questions that troubles you?

sully0105
11-26-2012, 09:09 PM
What is it about these questions that troubles you?

Just that I don't know the answers to them