PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain

cat28
11-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Today my chest has been hurting on the left side above my right breast. I feel short of breath when talking and I'm afraid that its more than anxiety. I always scare myself, but I can't keep myself from being afraid. I've been to the ER so many times that I'm embarrassed.

j2005
11-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Cat,

You're gonna be ok. These are so typical of anxiety. Just practice deep breathing, meditation, and don't allow fear to make this worse than it is.

The symptoms are real, but not of a heart attack. Just muscle tension or anxiety manifesting itself.

Hang in there.

James

star1234
11-16-2012, 09:31 PM
You should not be embarrassed when it comes to your health. Know your not alone. Chest pains are very common with anxiety even when your not feeling anxious. It will come and go. Try to keep yourself distracted by doing something that requires physical moment like exercising or cleaning the house. When I run I feel the best no pain at all.

destiny880
11-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Im feeling EXACT SAME WAY TODAY i was about to go to the ER but i know is just anxiety even tho my chest and my left arm hurt and i feel short of breath specially when i do something i get like fatigue im tired of feeling like this! Im only 21

destiny880
11-16-2012, 09:58 PM
And i get what you say about its embarrasing hek yea the last time i went to the ER the doctor told me i seen you before im like wow how embarrasing i know the ppl who arebin the ER alrdy.

star1234
11-17-2012, 07:27 AM
When it comes to your health and to you having a peace of mind if it means going to the ER a 100 times so lit it be. If you have been checked more then once try to take comfort in it. You don't have to go every day to the ER but maybe you will feel comfort in going to a cardiologist every three months and then every 6 months. That's what I'm planning to do.