PDA

View Full Version : New Member

inzane68
11-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Hi all. I am new to this site. My goal is to find some relief on the anxiety front. i have a lot going on in my life that i can't control (unless i get divorced, drop out of school and quit my job which arent options). i went to my Dr yesterday and asked for some medication to help me and she gave me lexapro. unfortunately most anti-depressants that i have taken agrivate my PVC's (heart palpitations). About an hour after taking the lexapro this morning for the first time the PVC's started full force and have been consistant since. i will not be taking this medication again. i would like to know if anyone else has the same issue and what they are doing to manage their anxiety without agrivating the PVC's. The Dr won't give me xanax which is what i have used in the past. i realize it's addictive but a 30 day supply usually lasts me 6 month because i only take it when anxiety is really bad. maybe i should have taken it more often? any advise or help with this would be appreciated.

inzane68
11-16-2012, 01:39 PM
thanks for the reponse. i agree that i need to find a Dr that will listen. she even had me take a test to see if i am depressed or if it's strickly anxiety. test shows it's not depression so why on earth would they want to put me on anti-depressants any way?

rainbow1
11-17-2012, 04:10 PM
I spent all my life being told I am depressed until I finally snapped n started having panic attacks and felt like I was having a break down worrying about everything. I take propanalol a beta blocker to calm my heart and an anti depressant could a mixture like that help? Ud think doctors would get things right for us but its hard with mental health as they rely on our descriptions of the problems x good luck with the future x

inzane68
11-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Thx for the advise. I agree you would think they could do a better job at getting zeroed in.

alankay
11-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Inzane, if an rx of xanax last 6 months and helps you a great deal, find a doc who will rx it for your anxiety(for judicious use). Also consider a trial of an ssri. However ask about ativan if you have more of a Generalized Anxiety. It's longer half life might make it more likely a doc might rx it for anxiety. It is still potent as well for more panicky anxiety. Many docs just don't like rx'ing xanax for various reasons. Longer acting benzos tend to be less likely to be abused and that what he might be concerned about even though if 1 months worth lasts you 6............you're are not abusing and using it as intended.
Limit caffeine and alcohol and get some aerobic exercise to help keep anxiety low.
Don't take a benzo any more than really needed. Use it as kind of a fire extinguisher for anxiety.:) Unless a doc tells you too that is.
PM me any time. Alankay

dboldman
11-22-2012, 06:11 AM
inzane, not sure what is going on in your life but if its something you can talk about, I found just typing it out helps me relieve some of the stress. Obvuiosly it doesnt fix the issues but getting them out in the open has helped me a little.