PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks

josie359
11-16-2012, 03:24 AM
Can somebody plz give me some advice I get panic attacks around three times a month and I haven't told my mum and my dad doesn't live with me I want to get rid of them before they get more serious I have a friend who lives round the corner from me in the exact same position as me and we don't know what to do

lostone
11-17-2012, 06:50 AM
It is a scary thing to go through, I've been dealing with them for 20 years, and just recently had to go on zoloft for them. I'm on day 16 and feel so much better already, but I'm working with a therapist to control them better and get off the meds in a few months. Meditation and relaxing helps out a lot, avoiding is worst thing you can do... To knw they ant hurt you and accepting it is the best. Positive reassurance and keep out the negative thoughts honestly work over time. Doing the stuff that scares you and making through will help tell your mind its ok, but it takes awhile and a lot of scary moments. Just be brave and push through them, I know you can do it. You might want to go do stuff with your friend and try things together. Relaxing on a park bench while reading, go barefoot in the grass, call someone you trust and talk to them about your fears, don't hold it in and try to do the by yourself. Stop with the negative thoughts, don't hang around with people who bring you down. Anxiety and depression are linked together, your mind and body are protecting you. Listening to what it's saying, and make a change. Cut out caffeine, or high amounts of sugar. We are sensitive people, and it can send us into panic or high anxiety. I hope this helps, feel free to ask me for help anytime. Good luck!

josie359
11-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks I will try all u said I love this forum I think it's the best it is slowly helping to rebuild my life

alankay
11-17-2012, 12:24 PM
That's good advise from Lostone. :) Alankay

josie359
11-17-2012, 02:27 PM
That's good advise from Lostone. :) Alankay

Yep u r so right