PDA

View Full Version : Give me strength i'm on a constant roller coster

flower4
11-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Hello, I'm new to this forum and hoping I can receive help and advice. Iv had anxiety for the past 2 years and feel like I'm on a constant roller coster I'm up then down then up again and it's affecting not only me but the ppl around me I feel like I'm on my own with this problem which I am not in control of why am I feeling like this I never used to?

Foggy123
11-15-2012, 11:44 PM
If only we knew the answer as to why we feel like this.
I hope you find this helpful as I have only just recently joined and found it quite helpful reading what people write, makes u feel a little better knowing that your not the only one!!!
Have u talked to anyone close too u at all family or friends?
Have u seen a dr?
It's really hard to open up I know and then try and explain what it is your feeling but it really really helps, especially talking to a professional.

flower4
11-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yes iv been to a one to one anxiety class which was for 6 weeks this did not help so I got referred to see a councillor which was for 8 weeks as this is how long they run for. The counselling didn't really help for me so I started reading books which did start to help I then overcome my anxiety for about 6 months I did worry sometimes but iv always been like this but not to the extreme where I felt like it was over taking my life. I now have a new job which I love a boyfriend. And my mother is very supportive and tries to help me as she has done a counselling course she does help but the anxiety ends up come back. I know where I'm going wrong and what's causing it but trying to get myself to understand that I am overthinking/reacting is very difficult. I am in a very low place ATM where I'm crying all the time and can't eat iv actually made an appointment with my doctors for next week and I'm going to as for medication as I feel as though this is the only resort left. I never used to be like this I was so confident and didn't let anything bother me I want to be this person again.

star1234
11-16-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm sure we can all relate and your not alone. Sincere mom passed in Sept I've had more bad days then good. My head won't stop worrying about the things I can't control. I had a bad episode last night. I could not stop crying and I don't know why. I am not going to let it get the best of me. I going for therapy next week. I'm tired of living like this and shutting happiness out of my life. Try to be strong and know that your not alone.

flower4
11-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Thank you i went to the doctors today and he's put me on medication iv tired every thing...
Anxiety class
Counselling
Joining a gym
Eating more healthy
Reading books
Internet

Medication was the last thing I wanted hopefully it will help me be stronger and get on the right track. I need a bit of a boost to help me think right. Nd your right we need to be strong it's just so difficult when your in this frame if mind.

JayB4231981
12-09-2012, 11:18 PM
God Bless you and on your route to recovery, I know ever since I had my 1st panic attack my life has gone down hill...

Dogtime
12-10-2012, 08:17 AM
You clearly mention you’ve been on this roller-coaster for the past 2 yeas. So the question to ask your self this; “What of significance happened to me just prior to this issue starting?” The chances are you can still recall the cause of this issue. There are other possibilities as to the causality, yet sitting down quietly reflecting of your life just before the issue started will be time well spent for you. You're look for something that scared you BIG time.

The negative emotions you’re experiencing now are the exact same emotions you experienced then. In short, you’re looking for a memory of an event where you felt what you’re feeling now. The different is, at the causal time you knew what was causing you to feel the way you did.

240sxMan
01-08-2013, 08:30 PM
I remember my recent panic attacks can be scary. Try to Find meaning in life keep going!