PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get the runs?

drea0820
04-19-2007, 11:56 PM
No one applied to my Drake post and I really wanted info! Obviously no one has heard of it, and it won't help me so I guess my parents will pay $3,000 for nothing. I cried when I heard how expensive it is. Anyways. I get the runs when I get nervous for any upcoming social event. Like right now, tomorrow is Friday. Which is a nightmare ebcause I am made to go out with friends. I won't even see other friends anymore until I get "better" whenever that will be, because I am too scared to get the runs in front of my boyfriends friends, much less my own. And all of my friends are in the party girl-this is my youth stage. and i am in a granny stage where i dont want to see anyone because im sick of freak outs and geting sick. i want to live my life, and all i can do is cry about it. i need some people who feel the same way! please! :cry:

JEH2004
04-21-2007, 08:21 AM
aw, Im sorry youre going through this. My best friend in highschool had this problem and was quite embarrassed. I get this way when Im really stressed and all I can suggest is to try to relax and maybe get on some meds to calm u down? have u seen a therapist or counselor?

drea0820
04-22-2007, 01:25 AM
ya. i was on paxil. it helped a lot event ho i still got sick, but not like i do now which is every single weekend, 5 or 6 times a day. i stopped the meds because they stoped working and made me really dizzy for a long time when i quit it. now im enrolle din the drake institute which is thisplace againts meds. my parents dont want me on them. but i feel like its the only strong thing to help me live. i cry every day and all my relationships are suffering because of my lack of desire to go out since i am sooo afraid of being around most people. im a freak! tonight, i stayed home even tho my boyfriend and all my friends wanted to hang out. it just makes me nervous now. im so exhausted of htinking about how much i am in a crisis and how im not living! i wish somone had this problem and knew how i felt. it is so lonely beacuse no one unerstands.

Fear
05-27-2007, 05:19 AM
ya. i was on paxil. it helped a lot event ho i still got sick, but not like i do now which is every single weekend, 5 or 6 times a day. i stopped the meds because they stoped working and made me really dizzy for a long time when i quit it. now im enrolle din the drake institute which is thisplace againts meds. my parents dont want me on them. but i feel like its the only strong thing to help me live. i cry every day and all my relationships are suffering because of my lack of desire to go out since i am sooo afraid of being around most people. im a freak! tonight, i stayed home even tho my boyfriend and all my friends wanted to hang out. it just makes me nervous now. im so exhausted of htinking about how much i am in a crisis and how im not living! i wish somone had this problem and knew how i felt. it is so lonely beacuse no one unerstands.

we all understand here,we're so fuckin' alone that you can't imagine.I bet you feel in blame most of the time!

Tysh0w
05-31-2007, 08:52 AM
I have the same issue. Every time i am sapose to go out anywhere i have the runs and its really weird. But once i get out there it gets worse i feel vomity and sometimes light headed. If it doesnt stop it usaly forces me to go home. Funny thing is i am on paxil right now and idk if its working or not cuz this is just my first week on it but i think it is working. I only go to work 4 times a week when i am not working i am at home on the computer or somthing. I refuse to go out anywhere cuz i dont want to put up with the vomiting feeling and the running to the bathroom. So i am in this with you aswell.

I also went to a shrink for a good year but shrinks dont help they just sit there and say "how do you feel about that" She told me to breath deep when i feel anxiety but to me that makes it worse some times.