PDA

View Full Version : :(

n1ck13
11-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Just had a mild panic attack and now I'm so hot! :( just :(

agraves911
11-14-2012, 11:43 PM
I hate that feeling. I like to put an ice pack on my head for a few minutes.

dazza
11-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Increased circulating adrenalin causes a rise in metabolic heat production.

It's not uncommon to suddenly start sweating out of nowhere when panic or high anxiety is present.

Just another one of those "where the <beep> did this sh*t come from?" symptoms which can catch us unaware - often adding further panic to the scenario.

n1ck13
11-15-2012, 01:02 AM
What can I do about it? :/

chilli
11-15-2012, 01:14 AM

Read every single thread on this forum, learn to belly breathe and drink a cup of warm chamomile tea and do not be afraid !

dazza
11-15-2012, 01:37 AM

The GOLDEN question

What you're asking here is... how can I prevent my anxiety / panic in the first place.

If I knew the one, guaranteed answer to this then I'd be a millionare by now!
Unfortunately the cure is often long-winded, experimental & progressive in steps.

First step is a doctors diagnosis - to rule out anything physical. You will likely be prescribed very mild drugs in the first instance, like Beta blockers.
Second step is to book cognetive therapy sessions to help you understand what's going on in your head & body.
Third step is to accept your condition. By now you may be prescribed some stronger, calming drugs such as Benzos.
Fourth step is to make some positive life style changes & introduce natural calming remedies / activities which further help steer your mind away from the troubles that plague you.
Fifth step is to reduce any drugs you are taking. You should now be out of the panic phase.
Sixth step is to allow yourself to slowly heal. This takes time. Drugs should now be at a bare minimum.
Seventh step - celebrate :-)

n1ck13
11-15-2012, 01:38 AM
Read every single thread on this forum, learn to belly breathe and drink a cup of warm chamomile tea and do not be afraid !

What is belly breathing? Cause when I try to take deep breaths it's makes me dizzy which makes it worse :/ also I don't like tea lol

n1ck13
11-15-2012, 01:42 AM
Dazza I dont want to take any drugs or put any labels on myself :/ I know what causes my anxiety/depression and right at present there isn't much I can do about it but I'm working on it, I've got a strong mind I can walk myself through the attacks (most of the time, especially when I'm stuck at work and can't do much else but mentally cope) I just can't stand it when I get so hot, especially my face!

dazza
11-15-2012, 01:49 AM
Dazza I dont want to take any drugs or put any labels on myself :/ I know what causes my anxiety/depression and right at present there isn't much I can do about it but I'm working on it, I've got a strong mind I can walk myself through the attacks (most of the time, especially when I'm stuck at work and can't do much else but mentally cope) I just can't stand it when I get so hot, especially my face!

We are all effected by anxiety in different ways. Yours happens to be face flush.

You'll have to experiment. The obvious one is to splash your face with cold water (or use face spray).
I took a stroll outside during my worst period of panic. Often sitting on some nearby grass, relaxing all my muscles and just sat it out.

Belly breathing is literally breathing with your belly (i.e. when you inhale your belly sticks out, when you exhale your belly goes back in) - done slowly and deeply.
It's a known, effective relaxtion method.

n1ck13
11-15-2012, 01:53 AM
Thank you, I will try the belly breathing next time :) but as for the walking outside, when it happens at work (which is always cause that's where my issues are) I can't just walk away but I will try the belly breathing!!!

dazza
11-15-2012, 01:57 AM
try:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI3sVuH7rms&feature=related

dazza
11-15-2012, 02:09 AM
Then watch these hilarious fails... lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujwod-vqyqA&feature=watch-vrec