PDA

View Full Version : Please help, Anxiety is AWFUL!

dreams_of_paradise_
11-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Please help. sorry so long! I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Maybe just some advice, comfort, and talking. I am so fed up with my anxiety. I just feel like I can't be happy because I can't control my thoughts and I'm in constant worry mode. My main problem is my fear of death. I've been struggling for a year or so with this. I know you can't control what happens, so why worry? But I still can't stop. I have never dealt with a close death yet. I also have never attended a funeral. I am extremely close to my family, I am married and have a one year old daughter. I am constantly worried something is going to happen. I feel like my husband and even my daughter are my best friends and my loves! I am very close to my grandparents also and I think it really gets me worrying because I see them almost 5 times a week And we are so close we just visit and talk all day. We love spending time together. I also feel like I'm not spending enough time with my hubby. I feel like I worry about ppl dying so I'm always so worried about talking to them and trying to have lots of time to spend with everyone. I just think ill be so lost and never will be the same or be able to go a minute without thinking about it. I feel like I would never be able to stop crying and go on....... I know the day will come that ill lose a loved one though and I'm terrified!!!!

alankay
11-14-2012, 06:21 AM
Could be GAD. I think most anxious folk have these fears to some extent(heck even "normal" folks do). Have you met with a counselor/doc to talk about all this? PM me any time. Alankay.

star1234
11-14-2012, 06:57 AM
I never thought about death till I recently lost my mom . I can't get the images of my last days with her. My mom was my rock. I'm not worried about my own death but I think about the choices we had to make to end my moms life without her suffering to much. Now my other worry us my 84 year old dad. He is healthy but I need to get my anxiety under control because I have never experienced chest pains like I have and do since I lost my mom to heart disease. I've been checked and everything is fine but of course heart disease is always going to stay in the back of my mind. However, I am going to fight it and get help because my family needs me. I have very few good days and some bad. I'm going to see a therapist next week and I feel good about it. I'm hoping to get results.

dreams_of_paradise_
11-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Good luck I'm glad that other ppl fear death like me also. Lets me know I'm not alone with this fear