PDA

View Full Version : A bit of help please?

Jhncf
11-13-2012, 02:18 PM
After suffering badly for the past month after being pretty much anxiety free, I have went back to my doctor and he has put me back on Citalopram. Currently experiencing depersonalisation, weakness in left arm and hand, numb left side of face and head, extreme tiredness and forgetting alot of things. Just feel really stressed and anxious, constantly thinking I have something else wrong with me and it's seriously driving me crazy. I'm just starting my meds again tonight but is there anything else I can try while on them? I don't exercise anymore and I will admit that I have a crappy diet. Any help would be appreciated :(

StaceyEaster93
11-13-2012, 02:35 PM
After suffering badly for the past month after being pretty much anxiety free, I have went back to my doctor and he has put me back on Citalopram. Currently experiencing depersonalisation, weakness in left arm and hand, numb left side of face and head, extreme tiredness and forgetting alot of things. Just feel really stressed and anxious, constantly thinking I have something else wrong with me and it's seriously driving me crazy. I'm just starting my meds again tonight but is there anything else I can try while on them? I don't exercise anymore and I will admit that I have a crappy diet. Any help would be appreciated :(

That's what you need to try then. Try to do a little but of exercise, step by step. Try eating a little healthier or have a more balanced diet. Practice breathing exercises. Do you have an iPhone? There's really good apps with someone talking you through how to breathe properly. Sounds silly, but a lot of it is through not breathing properly. Try doing any little thing that will keep your mind off of any weird feelings. Try a puzzle! Or do something that will really make you concentrate. I don't know what else to suggest, but that's a few things you could try.. :-)

Jhncf
11-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll have to give the diet a good shake up because i've never been much of a healthy eater, and have always drank ALOT at weekends and occasionally through the week. Stopped the drinking since this started though. Used to exercise alot but that went out the window. I don't have an iPhone but maybe there'll be similar apps on android so i'll give it a look and maybe try going for walks or something, thanks again :-)