PDA

View Full Version : COMPUTERS?! Helpppp

nicole123x
11-13-2012, 02:12 PM
I know this is nothing at all to do with anxiety, but I have had this laptop in the past and it broke, so a year or two later (now) I have got it all fixed and turned it on, BUT I can't remember my user password to log on to my laptop and I am the administrator of my laptop so I can not use guest to change the password!!! Does anyone know how to do it or anything that will help on this matter? Sorry for been disrespectful x

dazza
11-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Firstly, I don't think a guest can change the password of an administrator. The other way around, maybe...

I'm not too hot on lost passwords, but I'll try to help.

What version of Windows is it? XP? Vista? 7?

nicole123x
11-13-2012, 02:55 PM
I don't know what windows it is lol it's rather vista or 7, it has a circular start button lol

anxiousmal
11-13-2012, 03:21 PM
I can help you to a point, but I need to know have you tried logging in wwith the admin account as suggested in yahoo answers? If so, did it work? if not, all is not lost but it may get tricky.

nicole123x
11-13-2012, 03:30 PM
I haven't tried that yet, I will try it as soon as I can as let you guys know that's so much for the information hope it works! Does the yahoo link only work on a certain windows or does It work on all? X

nicole123x
11-13-2012, 03:33 PM
When it says tap ctrl alt and delete... Do you oress them all at once all together or do you press ctrl twice then alt twice as then delete twice lol

dazza
11-13-2012, 03:34 PM
think this might be a long night... lol

dazza
11-13-2012, 03:42 PM
When it says tap ctrl alt and delete... Do you oress them all at once all together or do you press ctrl twice then alt twice as then delete twice lol

all at the same time... twice apparently

anxiousmal
11-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Yep all 3 twice.

nicole123x
11-13-2012, 04:07 PM
My windows is widows 7 and it's not working all three twice x

anxiousmal
11-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Ok. If that didnt work we have two choices. We can either guess at the password or we can crack it.

I would try guessing the password first.

Press ctrl alt del all together twice so you get the login box.
Type the username administrator and try the following passwords ( they are case sensitive)

Password
Password1
Password123

password
password1
password123

Then try the password blank

This may seem to be a really really simple thing to do, but you would be surprised how often the admin password gets set to these.

Also whoever fixed the laptop would probably be able to tell you the password depending what they had to do to fix it.

If this doesnt work, we need to crack the password, which will be tricky becuase you will need to create a CD from something called an iso image of a piece of software called orphcrack.

anxiousmal
11-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Also try the passwords:

admin
administrator

nicole123x
11-13-2012, 04:45 PM
The first bit you told me to do.... I am the admin of my full laptop, I have 2 other accounts , my mums and guest, but I can not change my own account admin password because I need it to change it, I can't just go on my mums account and go on control panel and change it because it asks me for my admin password for my own log in account and that's the one I don't have lol do you understand that? , I have tried the ctrl alt and delete and all them passwords and it's just saying access denied! I have tried safe mode but this doesn't do anything to my laptop accept make the text and screen fat and bigger! Is there anything I can download as I have spare CDs? Or anything at all else I can do lol thanks so much for your help

anxiousmal
11-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Ok so we need to recover your password.

I can't post links, so on Google search for orphcrack download.

Click on the first result from Google and it will take you to the orphcrack website. It is a free tool for recovering windows passwords.

Read through the documentation on how to use it and you will be all good.

If you get stuck or need to ask anything let me know and I'll help if I can.

Tristanayoubi
11-13-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm pretty sure most computers have a circular start button -_-

nicole123x
11-14-2012, 01:05 AM
I'm pretty sure they don't :) a few have rectungular buttons

dazza
11-14-2012, 01:15 AM
I'm pretty sure most computers have a circular start button -_-

Unless it's Windows 2000 or earlier... or XP, VISTA or 7 that's set for a traditional Windows theme :-P