PDA

View Full Version : Too much thinking!

mellymel
11-13-2012, 01:55 PM
I Think about things I could possibly think about and then the thoughts that I think I could be thinking scare me . I wish I could turn off my brain for 5 fucking seconds!

dazza
11-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Nice hair! you look Mediterranean!

Sorry... I know that doesn't help...

mellymel
11-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Thank you, I love my hair so i appreciate compliments about it haha :) I'm Italian and Filipino actually.

mellymel
11-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Yes I started meditating 4 days ago. I plan on doing it every day. If I had the right techniques and new how to apply them I know I could make it stop but I don't know where to begin.

mellymel
11-13-2012, 02:19 PM
I won't give up on it because it really is relaxing and I have heard that it does wonders for helping to get rid of scary thoughts. I just get so upset because the things I think have me seriously questioning what type of person I really am, they feel like they are taking over the happy person I once was. I'm scared they will never go away and I will live in fear of myself for the rest of my life.

dazza
11-13-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm well over the worst of it, but I vividly recall the out of control mind, like it was constantly doing summersaults over itself until eventually I just felt like unscrewing my head, cleaning it out with extra strong bleach & a souring pad then screwing it on again.

You have my sympathy.

I never tried relaxation or meditation... but I wish I had. Perhaps it would have speeded things up a little.

My (near full) cure was time more than anything else. Time to heal.
It took me near a year to accept / understand & then begin to ignore the condition, by which time it began to fade of it's own accord.

Anyway...

Often, we get lazy and don't address life's issues as they come along. We then end up with a mass of issues in our heads to deal with... which just tumbles around in a complete mess and sends us into a tizz.

If you have a bunch of obvious anxieties / concerns / issues tumbling around, then maybe it's time to plonk your anxious butt down and work out some logical strategies TO address them, one by one.

Try it? probably better than just sitting around doing nothing?

Do you take any meds? seen a therapist?

mellymel
11-13-2012, 03:02 PM
I do not take any medications and I really dont want too. It doesn't seem like its the answer. Mostly because I had a lot of experiences in life that I think brought me to this point. I need to deal with those and not cover it up with meds. I'm not against them, I just want to deal with it head on.

mellymel
11-13-2012, 03:02 PM
And yes I do see a therapist which I think helps a lot.

indiana
11-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Dazza How much more stupid can your comments get? Some of them are an insult to those who really need help.

I think you should not be allowed to reply to desperate people. I am leaving this forum.

dazza
11-14-2012, 08:34 AM
Dazza How much more stupid can your comments get? Some of them are an insult to those who really need help.

I think you should not be allowed to reply to desperate people. I am leaving this forum.

How is saying someone looks good an insult!?

jhunter89
11-14-2012, 08:43 AM
You got told!