PDA

View Full Version : Please help me

LornaLoo
11-13-2012, 02:22 AM
Y anxiety is getting worse in the mornings and it's really starting to scare me. There's a part of my brain that keeps thinking how easy it would be to drive my car off the road and this morning it was really strong. I wish that someone will crash into me or hurt me and I get so close to doing something. Luckily the rational part of my brain kicks in and stops me but I'm so scared that one day it won't. My councelling doesn't start for another month and I worried about how long I'm having to wait :/

LornaLoo
11-13-2012, 03:11 AM
In terms of trying to stop the thoughts? I've tried taking deep breaths, listening to relaxing/positive music, thinking about good things I'm going to be doing, making lists and plans to distract me. The main thing is thinking of my family. That's what's stopping me doing anything silly. I'm just really struggling and don't know what to do. The harder I try, the worse I seem to feel

anxiousmal
11-13-2012, 03:33 AM
Hi Lornaloo

If it helps, I have very similar worries (And Im sure alot of other people do also). How I have been dealing with these times is to do some breathing excercises, and try to let the thoughts pass and just kinda wash over. I was able to visit a psychiartrist and he tought me how to this and it really helps.

search wikipedia for Diaphragmatic_breathing (I would post a link, but the forum will not allow me to)

It may take a bit of practice, but I have found I can do it anywhere and at anytime and it really does help. It needs to be done slowly at about 6 breaths a minute, and try to relax whilst doing it. If your anything like me, you will feel in more control.

A book I have suggests practicing this whenever you get a chance and then after a period of time to try and do it for 20mins per day.

Hope this helps.
Mal

AceParadox
11-13-2012, 03:35 AM
Oh damn. When I was on Holiday in tokyo, I was on the 28th floor of the hotel. It was WAAAAY up. The windows were little squares and when opened, had NO screens. I was TERRIFIED because, like you, I kept getting this thing saying "ooh look how easy it would be to just fall out. What if you suddenly went insane and jumped out or or sleepwalked and took a tumble out." and I was like "WTF? I love living and I'm terrified of heights why the hell would I do that?" but it just bothered me that my brain would bring something like that up.

Anxiety tries to amplify the negative thoughts that might come along. It's stupid but that's what it does. Feeds on and amplifies negatitivity. Just gotta be strong and say "Nope this isn't me. This is anxiety."