PDA

View Full Version : HELP

pinkpears333
04-18-2007, 08:40 PM
My anxiety just seems to sky rocket. I feel trapped within myself-I feel like I've lost my old self and have become so self conscious. I always wonder How am I going to act? What am I going to do? It's like I've been obessessed with control and I get really anxious.

I've tried a lot of things-writing in my journal, breathing exercises, therapy, meditation but my anxiety just comes back in full force. I'm extremely hesistant to try medication because I heard withdrawal symptoms are pretty bad. Is anyone out there to give some good advice?
I feel horrible.

txmom
04-18-2007, 09:02 PM
No advice. I'm in the same boat.
You're not alone, if that's any comfort.
I'm not on any medication either, although I probably ought to be.

Just me
04-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Well, I was taking Celexa which, as far as I know, is not addictive...My family thought it was working ok, but for me, I don't think it was working good enough. Xanax is addictive, but someone brought something up to me the other day...It is one thing to be hooked on drugs for recreation, but if it is helping, then it's not the same...it's like being "hooked" on blood pressure medication--your body needs it, but it is HELPING your body, you know? I think it made sense.