PDA

View Full Version : I'm not here (derealization)

Duck Daffy
11-13-2012, 01:47 AM
I'd say for about a month or two now, I feel like I am losing my sensation of reality. Of course, I know I'm typing this and people may/may not read this. However, I feel like I'm losing it. "It" being defined as everything in this scenario. I can't enjoy things anymore. I am/was somewhat of a "gym-rat", but I couldn't tell you the last time that I actually got in the gym both physically and mentally. It is the most bizarre sensation that I have ever experienced. It's not as though I feel that I (or the surrounding environment) don't exist, but I just feel detached. It's funny, I experience this sense of "altered reality" on a daily basis, and yet, I cannot accurately describe it. It is driving me insane. Normal tasks, feel abnormal and strange. It's almost as though, my mind is on autopilot. I haven't been able to enjoy the small things. It's really made me realize how much I take for granted. I don't know if it's the monotony of my life, erratic sleeping schedule, or just plain ole anxiety.

Anyways, I would like to get through this without any meds. If anyone has any advice, please do not hesitate to share.

Have a nice day.

anxiousmal
11-13-2012, 03:44 AM
Hey Duck Dafffy,

Its a normal thing with anxiety. Ive have had it a bunch of times. Its not nice at all, however if you able to relax into it, it certainly gets more bearable. The best way I found to deal with it was to play video games or do something that required alot of attention to take my mind of the feeling. I was told by my doctors that it was part of the fight or flight response and it is completely natural. Like forwells said, it will pass.

Jhncf
11-13-2012, 09:01 AM
I'm experiencing this just now and have been for over a month, been told by my doctor that it's the anxiety so you're not alone.

harleygrl8
11-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Applesauce really it helps..... apples have natural calming chemicals..... try deversion therapy, do something totally unrelated to yourself. Stay away from anything overly stimulating. Hope that helps.

str1ker
11-13-2012, 08:55 PM
Yes! I am getting the same type of feeling. It almost feels like a fog I guess. I try and look into my future but it just seems like it isn't there. It is really weird. Do you get this same feeling?

harleygrl8
11-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Baby steps.... n enjoy the moment u are in the future will take care of itself.... I too see a fog when i try n think too far ahead. And that itself can cause me great anxiety... but tomorrows a new day, u never fail unless u stop trying :)