PDA

View Full Version : Klonopin is not the way...

soulsurvivor
11-12-2012, 12:47 AM
I have recently been diagnosed with general panic disorder. Klonopin was prescribed, which worked well a for a few weeks. Now I can't sleep and feel more stressed out then before. This insomnia is really beginning to scare me since I feel my heart race and also my mind start to give in to thinking truly negative thoughts.

funkstarsista
11-12-2012, 02:10 AM
Survivor, I think it's safer to be on an anti-depressant. I've just started on Lexapro (you can see my thread in Medication). Ask your doctor about weaning off klonopin and starting on an AD. Listen to your intuition, you know this isn't right, make an appointment and talk about this with your doctor, take action on what you are thinking and feeling, it's hard when you don't feel good but you need to help yourself to get well again. I wish you love, light, strength and peace X

alankay
11-12-2012, 05:49 AM
Yep, klonopin is usually great but long term and daily, an AD is best(safer and little if any tolerance/dependance). Try that and after a few weeks slowly taper off the klonopin and keep it on hand just when really needed. I think zoloft, 50 mg /day would be a good start. PM me any time. Alankay

soulsurvivor
11-14-2012, 02:44 AM
Yep, klonopin is usually great but long term and daily, an AD is best(safer and little if any tolerance/dependance). Try that and after a few weeks slowly taper off the klonopin and keep it on hand just when really needed. I think zoloft, 50 mg /day would be a good start. PM me any time. Alankay

Thank you it is not the first time someone has told me this. Even friends are noticing changes (bad) in me.

soulsurvivor
11-14-2012, 02:47 AM
Survivor, I think it's safer to be on an anti-depressant. I've just started on Lexapro (you can see my thread in Medication). Ask your doctor about weaning off klonopin and starting on an AD. Listen to your intuition, you know this isn't right, make an appointment and talk about this with your doctor, take action on what you are thinking and feeling, it's hard when you don't feel good but you need to help yourself to get well again. I wish you love, light, strength and peace X

I've thought about this and will make an appointment for the doctor that prescribed this. I tried to go cold turkey for several days, the result had me feeling like I was ready to die. Thank you for the info and kind wishes as I will update my progress.

alankay
11-14-2012, 05:21 AM
Don't just stop it if you've taken for more than a few weeks. Just slowly reduce the dose or a period of weeks. How are you dosed exactly? I might be able to help taper you down on that. ALankay