PDA

View Full Version : New on here x

StaceyEaster93
11-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Hi. I have been suffering with anxiety, panic attacks and OCD for a few years now and I am only nearly 20 years old. Every day is a constant struggle with feeling unwell, having bad dizziness, feeling sick, sweating and lots of other symptoms. I have been to stress classes, seen a counsellor. I have tried so many things, but things just don't seem to be getting better and I wonder if it ever will get better. I started citalopram a couple of years ago and as soon as I thought I was getting better I come off of them, big mistake! I have now been back on them for about 3 weeks, but things aren't getting any better yet. What do people actually think of taking medication? I always said I would never take medication for it, but it just seems the only option I have :-(

alankay
11-11-2012, 01:24 PM
I think if you're having that much trouble, get on and stay on the celexa or other ssri. It takes time for these meds to work so hang in there. PM me any time. Alankay

StaceyEaster93
11-11-2012, 02:37 PM
I think if you're having that much trouble, get on and stay on the celexa or other ssri. It takes time for these meds to work so hang in there. PM me any time. Alankay

Thank you so much. I just feel so scared most of the time and I hate feeling unwell every day :(

Jay94
11-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Atleast I'm not the only teenager feeling like this! I can relate to how you feel but I dont really want to take any meds. It's not that I'm scared of them I just dont want to get hooked on them! If I had any advice to give it would be to stick at what you're doing, eventually it will work! There's hope for us all. Best of luck and hope you overcome your anxiety.