PDA

View Full Version : asthma

thursday85
04-17-2007, 12:24 PM
I am an anxiety sufferer and I was wondering if anyone else in here has asthma, I am extremely upset with the FDAs approvel for the old inhaler ban, now i have to use a completly new inhaler which i dont think works as well and is causing me to have much anxiety, anyone else share this frustration with me

greenleaf
08-03-2007, 01:34 AM
Yes. I know exactly how you feel! There are many different inhalers. I have a few but always carry what works as a back up. I am always looking for a better faster brand. Actually I carry 2 just as a back up incase the first one doesn't spray. For instance. I was given Xopenex HFA. When time came to use it, it did nothing!!!!! OMG. I might have cried. It took 45 minutes to kick in on me but lasted for a full 6 hours. I switched to Proventil HFA because it starts working in seconds for me and just gets better over the next hour. They have even faster acting inhalers. You really have to discuss this with your doctor. They have inhalers that work before their even done spraying but these cause rapid heart beat! The ones that work faster wear off faster too. So your doctor might give you 2 to use. One to act fast, another slower acting to keep it from coming back.