PDA

View Full Version : Is this really just anxiety?

Jhncf
11-09-2012, 05:11 AM
Hi guys. Over the past month i've felt really out of it and I am experiebcibg derealization for the first time. It hasn't let up once for weeks! Also my left arm is really weak and parts of my body feel numb. I am also statting to get dizzy from time to time and when I lay in bed I feel like it's moving around. I ended up in a&e the other day and they checked my heart and did a quick blood test and said they were clear. Is this really just anxiety :-(?

dazza
11-09-2012, 05:23 AM
Sounds like it me old bean.

Did anything in particular happen to start it? (a month ago)

Jhncf
11-09-2012, 05:52 AM
No actually, left arm has felt a bit weak for a while now but while on a trip with a friend about a month ago I noticed that it felt a bit numb/detatched and then over the next couple of days I started to get dizzy and felt detatched.

amneasy
11-09-2012, 05:53 AM
Yes that sounds a lot like anxiety. Once you accept the symptoms and stop focusing on them they will go away in no time.

str1ker
11-09-2012, 06:10 AM
Yes that sounds a lot like anxiety. Once you accept the symptoms and stop focusing on them they will go away in no time.

Any tips to help accept and stop focusing upon the symptoms to help them go away?

amneasy
11-09-2012, 06:24 AM
Any tips to help accept and stop focusing upon the symptoms to help them go away?

Just distract yourself I guess. Read, exercise, socialize. When I experienced derealization I noticed I could spend hours without thinking about it if I was playing video games. The key is not to check your mental state every 5 minutes like "is it still here? Am I still detached?". Understand that your body is sending you signs that you need to Relax and that's all. Let the symptom run it's course.