PDA

View Full Version : Does Rescue Remedy work?

eyebob
11-07-2012, 11:10 AM
I have some, started trying it today. No noticable effect yet.

Anyone use it regularly enough to test (for them) whether it worked or not?

josh29
11-07-2012, 12:17 PM
work for what? reducing panic?

if so.. i try it few times and found it helpful but only for a few minutes... if you want more effective way to reduce panic attack you can wash your face with cold water 3-4 times and your body will concentrate on the cold feeling and you will feel more relaxed.

dazza
11-07-2012, 05:45 PM
To my knowledge, forwells is right.

Panic has a severity or growth scale.
Once it has reached a critical point - there is very little (as in just a smigeon above none) to no hope of stopping it.
(As soon as you reach that point the door is slammed shut behind you and you're locked in... no matter how hard you yank at the door handle)

Perhaps there are methods unknown to me, like jumping into a cold bath (not recommended), or branding your buttock cheeks with a 400 degC soldering iron (also not recommended)... but other than that, you just gotta suffer the fake, yet real fear that ensues.

As for rescue rememdy, it seems to help toward low to mid anxiety levels, but for full-on panic... forget it (you'll end up drinking the lot and then bashing the bottle against your forehead)

maggie tia
11-07-2012, 05:52 PM
I carry a bottle of it everywhere I go & everytime I go out the bottle comes out of my bag, if I'm driving I will have it in my lap, it makes me feel safe knowing iv got it on hand, but it does only last a few minutes when I use it

dazza
11-07-2012, 06:07 PM
I carry a bottle of it everywhere I go & everytime I go out the bottle comes out of my bag, if I'm driving I will have it in my lap, it makes me feel safe knowing iv got it on hand, but it does only last a few minutes when I use it

Correct... just KNOWING it's there is often reassuring enough to keep panic at bay.

The exact same goes for smokers who are trying to give up, for example.
Just having a packet of ciggys on them stops the "ahhhh shit, I haven't got any cigs... PANIC!"

Having such things in your posession gives comfort through having an OPTION. The OPTION to take it IF you want to.
Options passify the panic since they gives you a sense of control.

It's all quite simple psychology really.

eyebob
11-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah, sorry i should have clarified. I wanted to know if it worked for anxiety all the way up to full un panic