PDA

View Full Version : Visiting a Psychiatric Soon

Amr
11-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Hello am 17 Visiting a Psychiatric on 12 Nov For my Ptsd, Depression and Anxiety. But am Really Confused like What Should i Say Or speak about Should i be completely Honest and speak about my trauma's.
Or Shall I Just speak about My symptoms.
and If The doctor decides To Give Medication what shall i Take

If anyone visited a psychiatric Before Please Share Your Experiences and Tell Me what questions is the doc Going to ask and what tests i am going to have ?

and Most of all Is it Helpful ?

Thanks x

mellymel
11-05-2012, 09:20 AM
I am getting help for the same three things...it's best to be completely honest so u can get the help you really need. As for medication do your own research and don't let them push meds on you if you are not comfortable with taking them.

Amr
11-05-2012, 10:46 AM
I am getting help for the same three things...it's best to be completely honest so u can get the help you really need. As for medication do your own research and don't let them push meds on you if you are not comfortable with taking them.

Really How was it and was it Helpful ? and may i ask Do you have ptsd and if you have what caused it ?

mellymel
11-05-2012, 11:04 AM
I have been in and out of therapy for many years, and i find it very helpful. I just never stuck with it long enough to face my deep rooted issues. I am just now getting back into it and looking forward to it helping me this time since I feel the worst I ever have. My therapist does believe that I am suffering from PTSD due to my childhood (my father was very violent), and from being in Iraq.

Amr
11-05-2012, 11:25 AM
God Bless you, I hope you cope well with your ptsd Thanks

mellymel
11-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Your welcome, god bless and best of luck to you too. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel, you will feel better :)