PDA

View Full Version : Chest stabbing pains

nicole123x
11-04-2012, 03:30 PM
I've never really had stabbing pains in middle of chest with anxiety but for some reason today I've been feeling very anxious and I've came to bed to stabbing shooting pains in my chest?? Is this anxiety does anyone get them

str1ker
11-04-2012, 04:02 PM
I have something similar. It happens whenever I get really anxious. It's just a pain in the left side of my chest and sometimes it will also be accompanied by palpitations. I had an ultrasound and heart monitor on and they said that they were normal and everyone gets them, some people just feel them and are more aware of it than others.

They're still really scary whenever they go off but since I went to the doctor they don't bother me and take ahold of me as much. Have you seen a doctor or had any tests done for them?

nicole123x
11-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Hi I'm 15 year old so it's very scary for me! I've suffered anxiety for about 4 months now, had several pannick attacks had EGC , blood work and I'm waitin for my 24 hour ECG results back at the moment it's been 2 weeks now! My boyfriend has got a bug, and he suffers bad stabbing pains in middle of chest with it, I'm not too sure if I'm getting the bug myself and that's what the pains where, it it could of been my periods as I'm on my periods at the moment, but all day yesterday I was feeling very anxious for some reason but managed to calm myself down! But all tests have been great up to now :) and I think I'm too young ! Thanks for your advice x

raggamuffin
11-05-2012, 01:22 AM
Chest paisn with anxiety are very very common. The whole fight or flight response to perceived danger pumps adrenaline filled blood around the body to the limbs and aroudn the chest to protect the vital organs from impacts etc. It's a self defense mechanism and when someone is anxious they never truly feel safe and therefore their body is constantly trying to protect them from perceived danger. When this occurs for long enough we have an excess of adrenaline and this causes no end of muscle pains and aches and cramps. These can be dull long lasting pains or sharp sudden pains. The more you worry and fixate on the pains the more likely they are to re-occur.

Ed