PDA

View Full Version : Supplements

Jhncf
11-03-2012, 07:17 AM
Hi all, I read a thread on this forum that said magnesium and amino acids with vitamin b complex "cured" his anxiety. I went out yesterday and bought these to see if they would help me. Took me a while to take them because as usual I read up all of the bad side effects beforehand but I still haven't taken the vitamin b complex. Would I be safer checking with my doctor before taking them? He has never taken a blood sample or anything before. Thanks

Shepard
11-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Always best to check with your doctor before starting any meds or supplements. You don't want to supplement with anything if your levels are already good. Ask for a simple blood test to check these and if they are low, your doc will give you a schedule and correct dosage.

vonnhelsing
11-03-2012, 12:34 PM
i take omega 3 fish oil pills, magnesium citrate and Centrum multi-vitamin pills. but ultimately you don't need to be taking supplements if you're eating well. we all know that nowadays with busy work life and no time, it's difficult to maintain a healthy balanced diet. so taking a multivitamin once a day will benefit you. anxiety is so complex but can be reduced by something so simple as sorting out the nutrients in your body.

gmb1
11-03-2012, 01:50 PM
I've taken multi vits long term as a means of excluding nutrient levels as a root cause, I would def check with your doc first though to be on the safe side