PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Anxiety

bellaLove09
11-01-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm in need to speak with others who can relate to me and help cope with my extreme anxiety. I have always suffered from anxiety as a child but never to this extent. I have been to therapist but they don't seem to help much. It's hard to speak about it to people who don't relate. They look at you like you are crazy.
I've gone through a lot these past few years. My grandmother whom raised me past away suffering from pancreatic cancer. It's the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with in my life because she's all I had. I went through some much heart break and pain with jealous family that I have no one. Not long after my grandmothers death I got married and had a beautiful little girl. She's my world. It's not till after I had her when I started to have really bad anxiety. I started working in a ER. And that's when it all hit me. You hear about sickness and you see it from an outside point of view but when I started to view it first hand I started to feel symptoms of those who were sick in me. Chest pain, SOB, lightheaded, near syncope, constant migraines, nervous, arm tingling and a little heavy. I am always worrying that I am having a heart attack or a stroke. I am 24 years old and in good health. No serious family history. I should feeling youthful and enjoy every moment of my life with my daughter. But instead my mind is occupied with fear of death. I am always scared something is going to happen to me. I have to force myself to places like the mall, grocery store, or even outside outings. I get extremely nervous. I cry because I feel like a horrible mother. I just want all my thoughts to stop!! I tell my self I'm ok, I take deep breaths and try to keep a positive state of mind. But all I do is worry. It's the worst feeling in the world. I can't go out with my husband because I get extremely anxious around people. It's hard to go out to eat or even to the movies. I can't even have a drink because I am so in tune with my body that I get even worst when I feel my heart pounding faster. I am scared what if something is really happening to me but I can't define real or from anxiety because everyday I have anxiety and worry. I can't take medication because I am afraid I will have some kind if allergic reaction. I have also tried to work out a little but I start to freak out and get chest pain. I am losing my mind feeling this way. Any suggestions?? Please don't judge

momofoneornaryboy
11-01-2012, 07:12 PM
I am only 30 and have very very similar symptoms and thoughts. Have you tried yoga or any type of supplements. I am in kavinace 1 pill at bedtime and seems to ease the knot in your stomach feeling when you wake up. It's very rare to have a side effect with what they out in the supplement.
Yoga has helped me tremendously as well just with overall relaxation.
But it's tough to have those continued thoughts over and over. I am in the same boat:(

bellaLove09
11-01-2012, 07:48 PM
I am only 30 and have very very similar symptoms and thoughts. Have you tried yoga or any type of supplements. I am in kavinace 1 pill at bedtime and seems to ease the knot in your stomach feeling when you wake up. It's very rare to have a side effect with what they out in the supplement.
Yoga has helped me tremendously as well just with overall relaxation.
But it's tough to have those continued thoughts over and over. I am in the same boat:(

I have heard about yoga helping people but I have yet to try. I have taken vitamin supplements such as magnesium which helps with anxiety as well helps with migraines but even with that I work myself up. I will def. try yoga. Thank you for your support and advice. I hope together we can get through this :)

nzbritt
11-01-2012, 10:59 PM
I think yoga to would do good

mscat
11-05-2012, 04:59 PM
U r not alone, we all feel some type of anxiety and worry. It seems to hang on us like a heavy blanket and suffocating. Yoga is good and try to do natural cures and eating health. It will take some time to feel relief. . U have many fears as I did. I am now 2 months feeling 90 % good, I want to feel 100% anxiety free. Don't give up on feeling great !

pandora92
11-05-2012, 05:22 PM
I'm so sorry that your feeling this way!! Was your therapy CBT?? that's really helped me!! You should try researching self help books they are also great!! Another greet thing to say to yourself when you start to have worrying thoughts is " fact or opinion" I know with me it's always an opinion of something bad happening! It can feel like your the only one in the world that can be feeling this! But we've all been there! You can get better and you will if you believe. Xx