PDA

View Full Version : I need Help

oschachter
04-14-2007, 08:07 PM
I think I have been dealing with Social Anxiety Disorder most of my Life. It started in Preschool were I was made fun of consistenly and continued all Thu-out my school years. I completely withdrew from others and never developed the social skills I need to make friends or talk to women. I have had only one friend the past 19 years (he just told me he's moving away).... I never been in a relationship or even a successful date. I completely shut down in social situations and don't talk to anyone, I never learned how to have real conversations with others, I just don't have anything to say or know what to.... I know I can't live alone anymore, I am going crazy with panic attacks and cannot sleep, because I am so unhappy and depressed living like this. I am almost 30 years old

amaya
04-22-2007, 12:17 AM
I did the sedona method it works get something that will help your anxiety
do something that you will be proud of like learn something new

kguthrie
05-01-2007, 09:04 AM
I would seek out a psychiatrist and maybe try group therapy. It really helps build up your self esteem in group situatons and your interactions with others. Good luck, and keep talking about it. You took a huge first step by posting on here.

squirt
05-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Same advice I gave Derk on the previous thread. I was in a cbt group and it has helped me immensely. If you can join one I would highly recommend it. If not there are lots of good books on cbt you could get. One of the ones we used in my group has a really good introduction to the whole process called Been there, done that? do this! by sam obitz. The tea form exercise in that book has helped me a ton and I still do them all the time when I get upset or anxious. Best of luck to you and try cbt one way or the other!