PDA

View Full Version : Fear of death! Constant.

dreams_of_paradise_
10-29-2012, 07:58 PM
I have had a horrible fear of death for about 2 years off and on. I recently got married and had a baby. I am so worried about the day my husband dies and I think I'll just be so alone and I don't know how I'll handle it. I worry about never seeing him again. I just love him so much. He is my best friend and love of my life. I also worry about my family members dying. I am extremely close to them, that its actually probably not normal how close we all are. I visit them like every other day! I have never had a death in my family. I'm not sure why I can't get it off of my mind but I'm so sick of worrying constantly! I find myself looking up online avout afterlife and just getting nyself more worried! Is anyone else dealing with this? Help.

dazza
10-30-2012, 01:43 AM
To an extent, everyone worries / fears death of both themselves and their closest. Nothing unusual about that.

Death is a grim reality, but over two-thirds of deaths around the globe die of age related illness. This figure is much higher (reaching around 90% in well developed countries)

This fear of death(s) tends to come and go. It seems to be prevailant during depressed / down / vulnerable times but is non-existent during happy times.
Having a newborn child is perhaps making you feel a little vulnerable & dependant right now.

Chances are you'll all live long, healthy lives... so best not drag that down by worrying uneccessarily about it.

Audrey00
10-30-2012, 06:26 AM
My baby girl is two months old now, but from the day she was brought into this world I have worried about me dying and my fiance dying as Well. I always think I have a disease or I'm going to have a stroke or heart attack. It runs my life each and every day. I tried going to my doctors for medication and he said no. It's a constant struggle but I know what you are going through you are not alone!!

trinidiva
10-30-2012, 07:04 AM
I understand....because since I've had my kids, I have had the same worries. Worries about something happening to me or someone in my family. I think your doc is wrong not to offer any treatment. I think working with a therapist would help, it certainly has helped me.

Audrey00
10-30-2012, 08:13 AM
I made a appt with a counseling group I can't get in until January lol but I'm taking it one day at a time

dreams_of_paradise_
10-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Thanks so much for the replies and advice! So maybe having my daughter really triggered that fear but I really hope it just got away soon and I can live life happily!

dreams_of_paradise_
10-30-2012, 10:03 AM
I don't really too much about myself dying is the weird thing. I'm just terrified to lose all my close loved ones and be alone here on earth lol