PDA

View Full Version : New Here

Kelly65
10-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Hi! To introduce myself, my name is Kelly & I am 46 years old. I have been dealing with anxiety for a few years now. Mostly with driving over bridges, some overpasses etc. As of late it has been more of driving in general, and is especially worse if there are no other cars on the road, if there are several other cars like with typical morning/evening commute to work then I'm fine. I do take a prescription (lorazepam 0.5mg) for my anxiety which seems the effectiveness has lessened over the last year or so. And sometimes I feel anxiety just going into a store, rarely though. More often is ,the driving issue. I do work full-time & have had the same job for 5+ years which is about 15 miles from my home. I am currently driving the long way home to avoid one large overpass, which takes me an additional 30 minutes to get home. It really stinks to have to go through this as I know I've driven over this overpass 100's of times and nothing has ever happened to me. I get so flustered & I guess panicky and feel like my eyes are going to close on me. That is what happened a few weeks ago and I decided to start taking the long way around again :-( I have tried various herbal supplements and they are usually too powerful for me. One i took and tried on my weekend off from work and I was on the couch ALL day, it relaxed me too much. Sigh... Anyways, I'm looking for some suggestions of ways to help. I would appreciate anyones input.

Thank You,

Kelly