PDA

View Full Version : Scary thoughts anyone?

mellymel
10-28-2012, 06:25 PM
I have recently developed these scary thoughts about hurting people I love, like my child. Sometimes it's random people but more about my little girl. I have always been a very worrisome person and I always had these fears of something terrible happening to the ones I love. It just recently (2 months) ago turned into "what if I did this to her". I have been to the doc and am still going and I told them all about this, but can anyone relate? I feel like a monster :(

sylvina
10-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Ur not alone, i have thoughts about bad things happening aswel, almost like i am playing whats gunna happen out in my head, but then i get upset and snap out ov it and dont think about it again for a while

mellymel
10-28-2012, 06:37 PM
Do u ever fear that you could be the one to do something bad? That's my issue and for some reason it keeps on replaying in my head. I feel like a threat to my child. I mean I obviously never want anything bad to happen nor do I want to ever hurt her but the ugly thoughts are there. Thank u for ur response :)

mellymel
10-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Thank u for that!

sylvina
10-28-2012, 07:14 PM
If u felt that much ov a threat to her u wouldnt wanna keep her in ur care would u? U wont act upon these thoughts coz thats all they are thoughts, just try and remember that, wen u think ov a bad thought try and replace it with a happy memory

anxiousmal
10-29-2012, 02:29 AM
I have had these scary thoughts also. They are not nice and I feel the same way as you. I just need to remind myself that this is the anxiety and an overactive mind. I know this becuase I want to protect and not hurt people. Im a lover not a fighter and this goes the same for you Im sure.