PDA

View Full Version : chest issues!! any help is welcome

james1321
10-27-2012, 03:12 AM
hi, for a few months now ive been having a tight chest, dull ache and feels like theres pressure there. been a and e a few times had 3 ekgs and bloodwork all come back normal. i do worry about it a LOT i just cant seem to stop i do think its anxiety but theres always a doubt there. it drives me mad it really does. has anyone else had this? and how did u get rid of it.
ive had anxiety for around 5 yrs but this is a new symptom, i am a 23 yr old male :-)
cheers guys

Kelly C
10-27-2012, 03:37 AM
Hey

I have only been diagnosed with anxiety for the last few months and I couldn't believe it. I went to the doctors at least once a week with new symptoms and felt like no-one was doing anything to help me. I had 2 panic attacks because of the anxiety medication the doctor put me on (I have never panicked before in my life!).
To cut a long story short, my anxiety made all of my physical symptoms worse, it started off with me randomly feeling faint and dizzy, this developed in to sharp abdominal pain, this then developed in to digestive problems. After months and months I realised that my anxiety was making everything worse and bringing on new symptoms, it was hard to accept at the time but only you can accept it for yourself... that is when you will start feeling better.
I have been having CBT and hypnosis and this really helps, I have also started yoga, had massages and reflexology, all of these things have helped me relax and my health is now following behind my more positive self.
I am 23 years old, have recently lost my job, moved to somewhere that I do t really like so I can be with my boyfriend and plenty of other little things...
This experience has taught me that I have to listen to my body, anxiety I think is your body's way of telling you something is wrong and that instead of putting things to the back of your head and powering through you have to be honest and deal with things. Anxiety I don't think is something that is bad, it is a good method of your body telling you and making you stop and think and resolve issues that you are not happy with, even if you don't fully realise what the problem is, there is a problem there that you body is saying 'look its all too much and I will remind you of this by giving you anxiety and whatever physical symptoms a necessary to make you stop and think'.

I hope this helps x

joshbagosh
10-27-2012, 04:58 AM
Oh yea I've had it for a month straight! Once you realize it's just anxiety it should pass! Try tightening your chest muscles and relaxing the for a bit! You may not realize it but subconsciously you may be squeezing ur chest muscles and u don't even realize it!