PDA

View Full Version : Cant sit still

rhar
10-25-2012, 11:52 PM
Does anyone struggle with this??
I find it so hard to sit still in meetings and even having dinner and home with my husband.
If I have to sit still I start to feel dizzy - I hate it!!!!!

Buttercup
10-26-2012, 01:10 AM
I get a bit like this as well. Best advice I can give is don't sit still then. If it makes you uncomfotable to stay in the same position and you feel dizzy then there is no need to stay frozen to your seat. I always fidget when I am sat in meetings or having dinner, I rarely stay in the same position for a long time, I might tap my foot, fiddle with something, cross/uncross my legs and so on. So long as when you are in meetings you contribute what you have to and look attentive then who cares if you can't sit still. If you are worried about what people might think and you don't want to tell them the truth then tell them you have a bad back and have to change positions regularly to ease the pain

rhar
10-27-2012, 10:07 PM
Thankyou!!
Yep I constantly fidget in meetings and they always ask me if I have ants my pants!!

Just so annoying because I never used to be like this!!!! :(

susu0782
10-27-2012, 11:36 PM
I am also one who can't sit still. I am constantly moving in my seat, stretching, or shaking my hands and legs. It is a horrible feeling. A friend suggested Yoga to me, well that didn't work because my mind would not stop running. I kept thinking about anything and everything. I am hoping that one if these days I will have it in me to relax and enjoy my life. Good luck to you and keep thinking positive.

Buttercup
10-28-2012, 05:27 AM
Thankyou!!
Yep I constantly fidget in meetings and they always ask me if I have ants my pants!!

Lol, i am known as a fidget to my colleagues but they seem to accept it. I found that when I am in situations when it really is not appropriate to fidget (like job interview) i will move around in secret- I know it sounds weird but it helps. I'll wiggle my toes in my shoes and clench then unclench muscles in my legs, stomach and backside and even unfocus my eyes for a second and then let them go back to normal. No one sees it and it does seem to help.

rhar
10-28-2012, 04:17 PM
I do the toe tapping too and I put my hair up, hair down, hair up... I must look insane!!!!! Anything that makes me feel better though haha

sazco
10-31-2012, 10:39 PM
I had that problem and found out a couple years later I had hypertension, but I still fidget.

MainerMikeBrown
11-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Sometimes I'll have trouble sitting still at a meeting if I'm afraid I've forgotten something. Sometimes I fear that I've forgotten to turn my car lights out, or I get worried that I've forgotten to lock the door to my house before leaving for a meeting.

Dogtime
12-12-2012, 08:56 AM
If you've not always been like this, as you state, how long ago did this restlessness start? If you can recall the beginning of your restlessness you might also be able to recall what was going on in your life around the same time. Work this out and it will be a BIG step to understanding and overcoming this issue.

rhar
12-12-2012, 12:43 PM
If you've not always been like this, as you state, how long ago did this restlessness start? If you can recall the beginning of your restlessness you might also be able to recall what was going on in your life around the same time. Work this out and it will be a BIG step to understanding and overcoming this issue.

No I haven't always been like this, it started after I had a pretty traumatic miscarriage earlier this year. I just hate feeling like I'll never be the "normal me" again :(
When it happens I try to distract myself or not think about it but it doesn't really help!!