PDA

View Full Version : Fluttering chest

nicole123x
10-25-2012, 10:08 AM
Has anyone had the skipped heart beat fluttering feeling in chest ? I just had a awful one that gave me chest pain too!

star1234
10-25-2012, 10:16 AM
I had severe chest pain two weeks ago for about an entire week. Now I just have that constant flutter feeling in my chest. It feels weird.

nicole123x
10-25-2012, 10:18 AM
It's horrible, does your feels as though your heart bangs hard to catch up then it's fine ? Like misses a beat then beats hard to catch up? It scares me !

AceParadox
10-25-2012, 11:34 AM
X.X
That only happened to me when I freaked out about it.
So I didn't freak out about it and it went away :P

nf1234
10-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Yes this happens to me every day. I have had several EKG's done and everything is fine. I believe it is due to fatigue. I notice that when my sleep is poor and I start to get fatigued the heart fluttering or palpitations start up. It is a common symptom with anxiety sufferers.

nicole123x
10-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Thank god it got me very worried earlier! Mine just happen even when I'm relaxed but feeling anxious! X

star1234
10-25-2012, 02:22 PM
I was scared too. The more I read theirs I notice its my anxiety. Funny thing is I don't feel it at all when I'm on the treadmill. I actually feel south better when I walk fast on it.

nicole123x
10-25-2012, 02:25 PM
I've had these before but I just wanted to settle my mind! It is very scary! Especially with me being a teenage I worry so much but it seems very common in anxiety sufferers!

leetbulldog
10-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Yes, I've had this several occasions, but in August,I had a really bad one that I went to the ER cuz it scared me a lot! :/ they did EKG looked fine, they did chest x-ray looked fine aswell.. blood work also came fine.. So yes, don't worry.. it's anxiety playing with us.. :/

nicole123x
10-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the reassurance! It means a lot :) hope your on the mend :) x

vonnhelsing
10-25-2012, 05:09 PM
ive had like 3 of those today. sometimes theyre mild where it's a flutter in my chest but sometimes i get really hardcore ones where my heart will just spazz for up to 5 seconds and it's super scary and gives me chest pains. yeh it feel like there's an extra beat and then there's a hard thump. i hate that.. been having them for 4 years, i notice that they come a few hours after i have a particularly anxious episode. it's the adrenaline messing around..

dazza
10-25-2012, 06:07 PM
ive had like 3 of those today. sometimes theyre mild where it's a flutter in my chest but sometimes i get really hardcore ones where my heart will just spazz for up to 5 seconds and it's super scary and gives me chest pains. yeh it feel like there's an extra beat and then there's a hard thump. i hate that.. been having them for 4 years, i notice that they come a few hours after i have a particularly anxious episode. it's the adrenaline messing around..

The heart rythmn is governed by two opposing nervous systems, namely the sympathetic (for speeding up heart rate) and parasympathetic (for slowing),
all of which are controlled by the Medulla (the "cardiac centre" of the brain).

The most significant influence on slowing (parasympathetic) the heart rate is the Vagus nerve and it is believed that this is the nerve responsible for palpitations (abnormal heart rythmn)

The vagus nerve descends from the Medulla (brain) and is connected to many parts of your body, including parts of your throat, heart & stomach - all of which are affected by stress / anxiety.
We're all familiar with the lump in throat, increased heart rate, increased stomach acids aren't we?
Well, you can blame those symptoms on the neuro messanger - the vagus nerve.

Please read this article re. vagus nerve & palpitations:

http://heart4pvc.webs.com/letterfrommd.htm

vonnhelsing
10-26-2012, 12:41 AM
very helpful article, thanks for posting that dazza.
the reason these palpitations and pvc's are so scary is because we don't know why it's happening and we automatically assume the heart is about to stop beating. but once you understand why it's happening it's a lot less scary. your body is just doing it's job..

nicole123x
10-26-2012, 01:24 AM
Thanks for that dazza :) It's just very scary, eapecially people that are petrified with their anxiety as it is!