PDA

View Full Version : Is this anxiety related?

acegoodie
10-24-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm going through a stressful period and my anxiety is acting up. I dont usually have this feeling, but for the past couple nights I have been feeling jumpy or jittery, like something is going to jump out of me or tap my shoulder. I know its not going to happen but it is still hard for me to shake the feeling. It's like the feeling you get when you are going up the basment stairs at night in the dark and you just want to run to the top of the stairs as quickly as possible. That spooky feeling. Just in time for halloween I guess. lol Is this anxiety?

agraves911
10-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Definitely anxiety! I totally get it. When I was younger I was terrified of going to the back of the house by myself because I was sure someone was going to "get me" sometimes if I let my anxiety get the best of me it comes back.

acegoodie
10-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Whew I didnt know if it was just me! Sometimes I feel like I'm going to do something wrong... Nothing specific but just a general feeling of nervousness for no reason. I try to think, ok this is just the anxiety, I am not really losing it. Then I start doubting myself and think surely this cant be a normal anxiety symptom... something must really be wrong. Eh its a vicious cycle.

nicole123x
10-25-2012, 01:36 PM
I get this, my shoulders randomly jump! And when I'm relaxing my body jitters randomly

AceParadox
10-25-2012, 02:02 PM
That's fight or flight mode in full drive :D
Like the feeling you get when playing a horror game and something's chasing you? Or the feeling when watching a horror movie and the person is being chased by something that just jumped out at them randomly. or even in those stupid chase dreams.

Nasty feeling. :/

acegoodie
10-25-2012, 03:50 PM
Yes exactly! ^^