PDA

View Full Version : Know it all!!

marrymoo
10-24-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm fed up of people saying to me stop worrying etc... How can I sort this if I don't know what I'm worrying about, I can't say what's set this off... Any one else have/had this problem??

dazza
10-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Listen...

Ignore what people who have never experienced anxiety disorder say - they're input is completey ill-informed and useless.

Once this disorder has taken hold, your brain acts innapropriately to stress / worry / anxieties. It activates fight or flight mode... completely automatically and pretty much totally out of your control.

This is the WHOLE problem with anxiety disorder... a partially malfunctioned brain in terms of how it reacts to stress.
Once fight or flight is in motion, you get the hideous symptoms.

The disorder is simple in its workings... but bloody hard to cure.

dazza
10-24-2012, 05:33 PM
By the way, everytime I see your username "MarryMoo" on this board... it first looks like "MarryMe"... like some kinda desperate dating website, lol

Buttercup
10-25-2012, 02:39 AM
Marrymoo have you seen a counsellor or therapist of some sort? Often people need extra support from a professional to start working through and figuring out their anxiety.

marrymoo
10-25-2012, 03:45 AM
Thanks, and no nothing yet I've only just been to doctors but as I'm new they can't do much till they receive my old notes etc.. And Dazza really?