PDA

View Full Version : I need help

keroppi82
10-24-2012, 12:15 AM
Anxiety is ruining my life. For a long time I haven't been able to really leave the house. I missed my baby birth. I never told anyone this that I couldn't even make it to the hospital to see my dying father. That really effected my life. By the time I worked myself up to go , my father had already passed. I beat myself up everyday. My family is falling apart. Financial issues is through the roof. I want to beat it so bad but not sure how. Can anyone help me please

rhar
10-24-2012, 01:52 AM
So sorry to hear how you feel. Do u have a good support, family etc??
Can u see someone? I know how hard it can be to leave the house but can a friend go with you?
Start with small steps, try a little walk around the block etc. or even call for a counselling session over the phone??

keroppi82
10-24-2012, 08:53 AM
I've started small steps like to the corner store but any further seem so far away from home. I need help taking a little step further everytime but I don't seem to have that kind of support. I feel so alone on this sometimes. I don't know where I can get over the phone counseling . I feel like a burden to my family. I feel like my wife is ready to leave me because I haven't taken her on a date in years and that's something I feel bad about but also I feel she don't understand the severity of my illness. Thanks for your help

keroppi82
10-24-2012, 08:58 AM
In a short sentence I'm just scared. I'm actually terrified even though I know the only thing I'm really fearing is the next attack. People tell me to man up stop feeling sorry for myself and fight it with all I got. Although I agree I just find it difficult to fight an opponent that's not physically there.

rhar
10-24-2012, 04:30 PM
I totally get how you feel I am the same.
I struggle to go places especially alone. I have an almost 3 year old and I feel like a bad mum.
But I am getting better. I have been putting up with it for 9 months now since I had a traumatic miscarriage. I finally bit the bullet and have started taking Valium in small doses when I'm at work and other stressful situations. Have u considered medication? I didn't want to but finally decided to for my sanity.

I understand about your wife, my husband has been so supportive but it's taking a toll on him as I can completely understand. I want to be the old me again too.

It's embarrassing to tell anyone how terrifying it is just to go to the supermarket, I feel like a fool.

I have been testing myself and getting braver and braver. Deep breathing does not work for me but I say to myself ok let's turn this into a feeling of excitement instead and it seems to help at times.

Don't beat yourself up, it's a buggar but it's so common and you will get through it one step at a time.

rhar
10-25-2012, 10:28 PM
How are you going??