PDA

View Full Version : Is my anxiety gone ???

JG1982
10-22-2012, 11:53 PM
I hope I don't jinx myself, but after suffering with sever anxiety ,chest pains, heart palpilations, depression, and feeling anxious at different times of the days for the past two years. It seem as if it's been gone for the past two weeks something I have not felt in forever . I feel good hardly anxious no chest pains that come and go happier because my body seems to feel better. Sleeping is better all around I feel like my old self and I'm loving it. Has any one been thru this where it seems as if your anxiety is gone which I hope for good ??? Or should I expect it to comeback ?? I still feel a little tired during the day but my energy is rising per day.. If you can help me out any one that's had anxiety longer than two years ?? Is this normal ?? Or is it just your body taking a vacation from anxiety itself?? Loving Life right now :)

J.G

Kelly65
10-28-2012, 07:33 PM
I don't know the answer to your question, but that's great! Have you been doing things specifically to help with your anxiety?

Kelly

MainerMikeBrown
11-02-2012, 09:17 AM
2009 was one of the best years of my life because beforehand I suffered from terrible anxieties. Then in 2009, I got on the right medications and my anxieties plummetted. I had good reason to be happy.

Furthermore, once I got on meds that worked for me, I found psychotherapy to helpful as well. Before getting on these meds, psychotherapy for my anxieties wasn't working. But it started to work after I got on the right pills.

So yes, JG, I know what it's like to have my anxieties suddenly decrease. And my excessive anxieties have not returned, I'm glad to say.

flower4
11-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Hey I have had anxiety for 2 years now and mine comes and goes. I'm not sure if you'v been on any medication or therapy. However a member of my family had anxiety for a lot of years and one day it just clicked and she was able to control her worry. It's all about control and being able to use the right tools once you can do that everything will fall into place. It sounds quite simple but I'm still working on it myself. Maybe you have learnt how to use those tools :)

MindlessMumblings
11-23-2012, 11:36 AM
I've suffered from anxiety since I was 12, I'm twenty now and I can't really say that it'll be gone forever. It eases sometimes but never leaves. For me anyway. It's great that you're feeling better, embrace it!

jessica_magro
11-26-2012, 12:31 PM
I've suffered from anxiety since I was 12, I'm twenty now and I can't really say that it'll be gone forever. It eases sometimes but never leaves. For me anyway. It's great that you're feeling better, embrace it!

Hi I'm Jess and u have suffered from anxiety since I was 13-14 years old and I am now 20. I was also diagnosed with depression too. I understand how you feel. Sometimes you have small episodes and they go or you have episodes that last for 3 weeks more. Sometimes some episodes are worse than others. I guess different things work for different people.

costellocore
12-11-2012, 10:37 PM
I have been suffering from panic attacks for 11 years and for me I have had those times where I went a while without having them even when faced with my normal triggers. I have never truly gotten rid of it but that doesn't mean it's not possible! Keep a positive attitude and live a full and healthy life and should be fine :)

Dogtime
12-13-2012, 07:25 AM
Has some STRONG event recently occurred in your life? If yes, it could have released you from the inner-mind cause, which means free permanently!

temperancebrennan
12-13-2012, 02:47 PM
I have had a period where they completely went away for 4 months. Me and my boyfriend broke up & I had to move out, but for some reason I did not have any anxiety attacks through that time, or the 4 months following.
They returned this week even worse than before.

I hope your time without attacks lasts forever. I would not wish this on anyone.

aims86
12-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Hi jg1982!

I have had anxiety/depression for 4 years (increased to acute anxiety as of 2 weeks ago)
Occasionally some people find the tools to self heal, if this is you (which I hope for you it is) then that's an incredible achievement!
Embrace in the fact that at this present time you are anxiety free and start living!
In regards how long it will last differs from person to person, I think if you believe in that fact that you are ' healed' as such then in future episodes (if there was to be any) you have the tools to combat it again!

Good luck to you and I really hope that anxiety is now a distant memory for you.

AnxietyInstituteSA
01-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Congratulations! I'm sure it feels good to have some relief.

Many people experience clinical (diagnosable) anxiety at some point in their lives, often following a stressful life event (divorce, death of a loved one, bankruptcy, etc.). Those that seek help (medication, therapy, life changes, etc.) will often feel immediate relief or some lessening of symptoms. Even without treatment, anxiety sometimes will just subside on its own. It could be that you're making some positive life changes that have improved your anxiety response or that your anxiety has just "run its course." Either way, anxiety may (typically) reemerge throughout the lifespan as life's stressors are felt. It's probably a good idea to think about your anxiety triggers and create a plan of action if/when you feel your anxiety start to come back in the future. Have a plan of attack!

phoenix1
01-06-2013, 05:56 PM
I hope I don't jinx myself, but after suffering with sever anxiety ,chest pains, heart palpilations, depression, and feeling anxious at different times of the days for the past two years. It seem as if it's been gone for the past two weeks something I have not felt in forever . I feel good hardly anxious no chest pains that come and go happier because my body seems to feel better. Sleeping is better all around I feel like my old self and I'm loving it. Has any one been thru this where it seems as if your anxiety is gone which I hope for good ??? Or should I expect it to comeback ?? I still feel a little tired during the day but my energy is rising per day.. If you can help me out any one that's had anxiety longer than two years ?? Is this normal ?? Or is it just your body taking a vacation from anxiety itself?? Loving Life right now :)

J.GSounds like really good news. The whole issue with anxiety is often a question of perspective. That is to say, if you feel ok, then you feel ok. Everybodys mood changes from time to time. Therefore it is likely that at some point in the future you may experience a different feeling to how you feel now. But the issue is, how you feel about that mood at the time. Providing that you are able to keep your new perspective, it is just possible that you have overcome your issue. Life is truly a gift worth loving. Good luck.

moonchild1986
01-09-2013, 04:04 PM
What would I give to feel like that !!