PDA

View Full Version : Respiratory arrhythmia! Anyone Else?

willstar
10-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Morning!

Does anyone else here suffer from respiratory arrhythmia?

Last night, while calm and resting, my heart beat started to feel odd. I noticed that it shot up to about 110bpm when inhaling, then dropped to about 60bpm when exhaling. I only started to stress out after this started. This lasted for about 10 minutes.

My doctor has said that everyone has this to some degree, but mine does feel exaggerated. I struggle to think that most peoples heart beat doubles on inhalation!

Respiratory Sinus Arrhythmia is normally seen in emotionally strong people. Not people, like me, who have tendencies to stress out or panic.

Im not looking for someone to tell me that anxiety has many different symptoms, but am hoping that someone else, who has suffered from this, can ease my mind, helping me see that it isn't just me.

Thanks
:) Dan

dazza
10-22-2012, 05:34 PM
I would say that the rate differrence between inhale/exhale is pretty small to almost undetectable for most people.
Doubling doesn't sound normal... not even for anxious folk.

I suggest you get your airways / lungs checked. Do you suffer from asthma, brochitis or other breathing related difficulties?

bailey.m
10-23-2012, 03:47 AM
Sinus arrhythmia is a normal rhythm. I have it too, according to my EKG. My dad is a cardiologist and so he is used to me freaking out about the smallest things, and he says its completely normal…Its not a respiratory issue, actually i wouldnt call it an issue, because it is not something to fix...it is just a subset of normal sinus rhythm.

dazza
10-23-2012, 04:14 AM
Sinus arrhythmia is a normal rhythm. I have it too, according to my EKG. My dad is a cardiologist and so he is used to me freaking out about the smallest things, and he says its completely normal…Its not a respiratory issue, actually i wouldnt call it an issue, because it is not something to fix...it is just a subset of normal sinus rhythm.

With all due respect... it is a little dangerous to make absolute diagnosis on this forum.
Saying it's categorically NOT a respiratory issue is an assumption.

Better to be cautious I'd say.