PDA

View Full Version : I need help...going to the doctor tomorrow

Heather Renée Mitchell
10-21-2012, 11:37 PM
Ok so I've been on wellbutrin for a while. I started school about a year ago. Ive never really noticed side effects until this year. I have heartburn a lot, tremors, and I cannot comprehend anything. I consider myself a smart girl and a quick learner, but for some reason I am struggling to remember anything. So I am going to the doctor tomorrow and need advice. I need something that will take my anxiety away but will allow me to still focus. I am also TERRIFIED of gaining weight. So is there anything out there that can help me without gaining weight?

agraves911
10-22-2012, 12:35 AM
My meds never caused me to gain weight. I'm on lexapro, however other meds don't cause sight gain either. It sounds like weight is an anxiety trigger for you.

Heather Renée Mitchell
10-23-2012, 09:52 PM
I know my weight is a big issue with me. I know I probably have some sort of disorder even though I dont like to admit it. My family is always on me but I dont think its so bad that I need help with it. I just stress out about it allllll the time. But my doctor wants me to get off wellbutrin and see how I do without it and go from there. So here we go i guess....

dazza
10-24-2012, 01:26 AM
I know my weight is a big issue with me. I know I probably have some sort of disorder even though I dont like to admit it. My family is always on me but I dont think its so bad that I need help with it. I just stress out about it allllll the time. But my doctor wants me to get off wellbutrin and see how I do without it and go from there. So here we go i guess....

Can I ask... what is it about weight gain that REALLY bugs you?

Does it make you feel old? (i.e. you have ageing anxiety?)
Does it make you feel ugly? (i.e. you have self image anxiety?)

Or something else / both the above?

More often than not, weight gain, or the fear of it is because it makes the person feel unattractive. This in turn makes the person feel a sense of losing their self worth / losing their confidence.
It's also usually about how the person thinks others perceive them.