PDA

View Full Version : this is my first time posting

dawn_brown75
08-31-2005, 05:16 PM
i am 29 years old, i have suffered from panic attacks for 3 years now, it has just taken my life and i feel that i am at a dead end road. i miss everything i use to do. i havent left my home in a very long time. i want my life back. i never went to the doctor before about my panic attacks, it got so bad so quick i have been unable to get there. i just dont know what else to do, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Rollagirl22
09-02-2005, 08:24 AM
Hi dawn,

i hear your situation. i experienced the same thing. If you want to get your life back then you HAVE to get to a doctor. this condition doesn't get better by itself or just go away. If you cant get there by yourself then you need to ring a friend or relative (anyone you feel safe with) and get them to come pick you up from your house and take you to the doctor. The doctor will be able to give you some form of medication which will give you fast releif.
I had to get my grandma to come pick me up from my house and take me to the doctor because i couldnt even walk out the front door without panicking. she took me to a middle-aged lady doctor who totally listened to me and helped me straight away. A word of advice, try to see a female doctor as they are more sympathetic, i found all the male doctors i saw just thought i was exaggerating my symtoms and basically told me to go home and get over it.

dawn_brown75
09-02-2005, 08:40 AM
THANKS FOR THE ADVISE, IT IS JUST SO HARD GETTING OUT, I DONT TRY BECAUSE I HATE TO PANIC. I HAVE TRIED SO MANY TIMES TO GET A DOCTOR COME SEE ME, JUST SO I CAN GET ON SOME MEDICINE, GET TO THERAPY AND GET BACK ON MY FEET.
I HOPE YOU FIND SOME HELP TOO, IT IS HARD AND I AM THANKFUL TO HAVE FOUND THIS FORUM, IT FEELS GOOD TO BE ABLE TO TALK TO AND READ ABOUT SOMETHING I HAD NO IDEA WAS SO WIDESPREAD. I HOPE TO TALK AGAIN SOON.

Bridgie
09-02-2005, 04:38 PM
Oh Dawn! Welcome to the forum! I am sure you will able to get good help here and almost everyone knows what you are going through! If you can, call the doctor in advance and tell him you are having panic attacks. Or if you can't do that, get a friend or relative you feel comfortable with to call! Tell them you have special needs, and hopefully the attending receptionist will put you in your own room away from other people when you get there.

I know this is a very big step to take, but you have to do it! The Dr. may be able to prescribe medication for you that will help tremendously.

Good luck and let us know how it goes if you decide to do this! If you just want to talk we are here for you!

Hugs!

brickyard_red
09-13-2005, 11:20 AM
I hear ya my friend! I have experienced the same thing. I'm so surprised to see that others have felt and experieced this too! I thought I was losing my mind.

Some days are worse than others for me, but like you sometimes I can't even make myself go outside the front door. I have cancelled appointments and have called off seeing my friends because I just felt that I just couldn't do it.

Like everyone else says, please get some help. I was able to go see my dr. and I am now on medication that has helped me alot. Although I am starting to feel panicky quite a bit again and I think I am going to ask if my dose can be upped.

Hang in there, it looks like there are a bunch of people here rooting for you and willing to listen, YOU'RE NOT ALONE!!

Cath

tuffnstuff
10-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Like every one has said, get someone to go with you. If you are afraid to face the doctor, remember they will know what you are talking about. It seems so weird to have this but once you get help you can start getting your life back.