PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone, short intro

skyway
10-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Well this is very good I have been looking for some type of group therapy. I am a 40 year old male who has had panic, anxiety, depression for about 20 years. I have been on 15 mg lex for 6 years. Been very anxious lately since my family has had some serious health issues and have almost reached for the Xanax to combat the anxiety,panicky feeling. But have chosen to try to fight it without it. Well I won't ramble but it feels that many people close to me don't understand how terrible the anxiety can make you feel. Although I don't wish this on anyone it is somewhat comforting knowing I am not alone in this. Thank you.

littlelightning
10-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Hi, skyway, I hope you find some comfort here... :)

Thomas Amory
10-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Fear of mental illness, or fear of losing control of thinking is the problem; not the mental illness itself. A panic attack does not propel someone into mental
illness. It is not a sign of mental illness or the start of mental illness. It is an emotional rather than a mental problem.

Thomas Amory
10-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Opps! Forgot to say hello! Hello everyone!

MainerMikeBrown
10-21-2012, 10:11 AM
Skyway, even if you feel that nobody close to you understands how tough dealing with bad anxieties, realize that at least their are others who do understand. It sounds like you have realized this. But I just wanted to reiterate.

grandma2012
10-23-2012, 08:28 AM
Hi, I'm really desperate. I've suffered with depression/anxiety off and on all my life (basically since age 10). I'm 56 now. I've been on everything possibe, even therapy. Currently, I'm on 40 mg of Prozac and 15 mg of buspar (just started this a month or so ago). I'm also coming off of Klonopin. My dr. had prescribed 9 mg a day, very rarely took that. I'm down to 3 mg right now. To further complicate matters, my fam dr. is on a 3 mth leave, so I had to see a dr. that was seeing his patients. He's a DO. I told him I wanted to come off of Klonopin, not so sure now. Been on it a long time. I know I had built up a tolerance, but just liked the fact that it was in the cabinet. I don't work. I have 3 children and 7 gc under age 8, but they all live in different states. This bothers me alot. I'm at my wits end. Please help!

Audrey00
10-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Your not alone! Nobody understands what I go through and it's hard for others to understand when they are living life carefree,if u ever need someone to talk to I am here! All the time; )