PDA

View Full Version : Just started taking celexa/citralopram

aims86
10-19-2012, 05:24 AM
Hi there everyone, I took my first tablet last night and I felt and still feel awful, my fiances mum is looking after my 5 month old son, I feel dizzy, sick and super panicky and also very very exhausted! I'm currently laying in bed and it's 12.30pm! I just want to go to sleep. Has or does anyone else feel like this? I'm thinking of stopping taking anymore as I feel so bad. What does everyone think? X

Buttercup
10-20-2012, 04:21 AM
What dose are you on? It's usually best to start low and increase over time. Unfortunately it will make you feel pretty crap for a couple of weeks and it can be a good month or 2 before you start to notice a positive effect from them. But if it helps you overcome this it is worth it. I remember feeling awful when i first started citalopram but at the time I felt so bad anyway i didn't care. In an ideal world if people were starting meds they would get a month off work, off responsibilities etc to get used to them and ride the worst part out. But life isn't like that and you can't just take a month off unfortunately. Take advantage of having babysitters just now and use them as much as you need, if your baby is asleep then you sleep and don't worry about getting other chores etc done.
Also are you seeing a therapist or counsellor at the moment? If not then it may be very helpful for you to do this once the pills have kicked in and you feel well enough.

aims86
10-20-2012, 05:54 AM
I was on 10mg of celexa, had to stop though as it gave me nasty chest pains which were agony! I'm gonna go back and see the doctor Monday as I can't go on like this! I'm laying on the sofa and can't even look after my son! I can't go out or nothing! I feel so helpless! I don't know wat to do other than sleep all day!