PDA

View Full Version : Heart skipping beats?

cat28
10-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Does anyone feel like their heart skips beats or as If its going to just stop beating? Sounds weird, I know, but that's what I've been feeling. I'm afraid my hearts just going to stop beating. I only feel it when I'm sitting on the couch relaxed. Am I crazy? Or should I be worried?

leavemealoneAnxiety
10-18-2012, 09:01 PM
You shouldn't be worried at all I share this fear and when I start to have this fear I grab my chest check if my heart is beating weird n my wrist for my pulse but I say you should pray ..

I like the Armor of God passage in Ep6

kmarie30
10-18-2012, 10:47 PM
Omg! I feel this all the time I freak out! It's always when I'm sitting doing nothing. But usually lately when I'm active it's fine. I can always feel my heart pounding in my chest and my back or if I'm laying on my side. I'm totally afraid if it too!

dazza
10-19-2012, 01:03 AM
The heart isn't a perfect timer, the rythmn varies... especially when influenced by anxiety / stress / exercise.
To help put your mind at rest - go get a checkup at your doctors.

Your problem is not your heart, it's your actue awareness of it & worrying about it.

Feel how alive you are and realise that this "alive" feeling means that everything is functioning normally!

leavemealoneAnxiety
10-19-2012, 01:34 AM
The heart isn't a perfect timer, the rythmn varies... especially when influenced by anxiety / stress / exercise.
To help put your mind at rest - go get a checkup at your doctors.

Your problem is not your heart, it's your actue awareness of it & worrying about it.

Feel how alive you are and realise that this "alive" feeling means that everything is functioning normally!

I love this

billwkr
10-19-2012, 06:12 AM
I get this feeling too from time to time, I think the medical term is extrasystoles and it's usually an extra beat between two normal beats causing this irregularity.
You could get a medical check up for peace of mind, but try not to focus too much on it :)