PDA

View Full Version : Citralopram

aims86
10-18-2012, 11:43 AM
As anybody else had citalopram? I'm just about to start taking it but worried its going to make me more panicky, I'm suffering very bad ATM with anixety and panic attacks and hardly leave the house. What does everyone think about it?

blonde12
10-18-2012, 03:34 PM
That was the drug I first started on and it worked fine for me. Although I would say that it's the drug that the doctors start most people with so if it's not working for you tell them!

aims86
10-19-2012, 05:28 AM
Thankyou, I took a tablet last night and I felt awful and still do, my fiances mum is looking after my 5 month old son and I'm still in bed at 12.30pm! I feel dizzy, sick, super panicky and exhausted! I'm thinking of topping taking them already as I cant ope with the feeling! I'm so upset!

Siegfried
10-19-2012, 06:30 AM
Weren't you given a benzodiazepine to help you at first?

aims86
10-19-2012, 06:34 AM
No I wasn't, I've tried diazepam too and that made me feel awful as well. I don't know what to do :-(

Siegfried
10-19-2012, 06:40 AM
Diazepam made you sleepy, I expect...

Well, you have a couple of options. Grin and bear it for the couple of weeks the side effects are likely to last. Call your doc and ask for help. I suggest the latter, but bear in mind that you'll be fine with time. Be hopeful!!!

Keep us posted!

aims86
10-19-2012, 06:59 AM
Diazepam made me more panicky! My mum and stepdad want me to continue with celexa as my stepdad has been taking them for a long time and he says they are really good! Last night scared me coz I felt so awful and hardly slept, will it be like that everyday?

anxious123
10-19-2012, 07:06 AM
I take celxa it worked for me for a while now it's not doing so good I have been on several different medications none of which work I feel like I'm running out of options but there has to be something out there that will help both of us

aims86
10-19-2012, 07:38 AM
I hope so, celexa is defiantly making me more panicky! I'm still in bed and just want to go to sleep, I've hardly touched my son today as I feel I can't cope! I just don't know what to do with myself anymore. I feel detached from my body! It's so horrible. I just want to cry :,(

Siegfried
10-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Then cry! And no, it won't. Still I think you should call your doc to let him/her know. Celexa is as good a drug as any of that type. They usually work but they take their time. We're here for you! You can get over this!

aims86
10-19-2012, 03:00 PM
I do cry from time to time, I'm coming off the celexa as its made me feel awful and given me chest pains, if I feel no better by Monday then I'm gonna contact the dr again, I need to get better for my little boy, I just want rid so I can enjoy my son and my life.

Siegfried
10-20-2012, 04:23 AM
I think you should talk to your doc first!

aims86
10-20-2012, 02:51 PM
I only took one tablet and tat was enough! My mum said she wishes I had stuck it out coz they helped my stepdad but my. Next was sooo bad that I just couldn't, plus I've been awake most th night for 2 nights now and I have a son to look after.

aims86
10-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Sorry that was supposed to say chest

Rob Mc
10-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Hi there, I've taken citralopram numerous times for anxiety/ reactive depression. It worked for me but took a good few months to make a difference. Hope you feel better soon.

cypress_2151
10-21-2012, 03:09 AM
I'm on Citalopram 20MG, have been for a bit, and it seems to be working well. I was on 20MG Lexapro as well, and I think this is actually helping moreso than the Lexapro. I'm seeing far less side effects and of course it's cheaper. You could possibly be having some unique side effects though, so if it's ailing you that much or not making a difference I would definitely try something else. Lexapro could possibly be a good alternative. I'm not an expert on the subject though so I'd definitely talk to some practitioners.

aims86
10-21-2012, 03:46 AM
Like I said I'm not on it now. Woke up this morning feeling extremely guilty for some reason. Horrible feeling!