PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety :(

jess123
10-17-2012, 05:34 AM
Hey I'm new and I worry and analyse all the time, especially about my boyfriend because he said I'm hard work, soon as he says this I burst into tears and have a panic attack and start shaking cos I don't want him to leave me but I don't want to look needy x

unsure0445
10-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Honestly, if he truly loves you and cares for you he'll be your number one support system. Talk to him and tell him how you feel.

jess123
10-17-2012, 09:07 AM
How should I go about telling him? Cos I'm seeing him today, what shall I say to him?

aims86
10-17-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi there, I suffer really bad from aniexty and panic attacks! My fiancé doesn't so I know how hard it can be! I think the best thing to do I tell him how you feel, at the end of the day if he loves you he will understand! It's not easy for my partner as I suffer real bad an don't leave the house very often! I also have a 5 month old son so I feel guilty as well. Just remember not to blame yourself, if your partner doesnt understand and refuses to stand by you then he really isn't worth it! Hugs to you, I totally understand how you feel!

jess123
10-17-2012, 09:19 AM
Thankyou that was really helpful :) I'm seeing him today so I might mention how I need him to support me but if he doesn't understand then I'll have to throw him in the bin haha

unsure0445
10-17-2012, 09:21 AM
Just tell him exactly what is going on with you. He'll never completely understand (as my bf does not) and anyone who has not experienced anxiety will not. But just let him know how you're feeling, even just talking about it with him will help. I don't know your situation with him or how long you've been together but it took me four yrs to tell my bf! So I feel your pain and worry... But it's best to do it now, as it caused me and my bf alot of problems before. Just be strong and try to tell him what's going on :)
Good luck!! ✌

jess123
10-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Thankyou :)

aims86
10-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Unsure is right, anyone that has never experienced anxiety/panic attacks will never really understand, my fiancé doesn't truly understand but I know he is there for me ( if only that made it easier!) just remember to look out or number one, your health and happiness comes before any man! It is a very hard thing to go through hence why we are all sympathising with each other. Don't feel like your lone coz your not, trust me millions of people suffer the same as us, my stepdad and brother suffer to but there's isn't as bad, they can carry on with everyday life where as I don't feel like I can, so many different types of anxiety. Are you taking anything? I've got citalopram but I'm scred to take it, sounds silly I know! Can't cope with the fact that it might make me worse, I'm struggling to cope now! X

jess123
10-17-2012, 09:54 AM
No I haven't taken anything for it I've just had tons of counselling x

aims86
10-17-2012, 09:58 AM
My fiancé thinks council long is pointless, I have had it before but on the phone so it was just like talking to my mum or brother etc etc, I don't really know wat to do tbh, I don't feel like me at all. Exhausted is an understatement x

aims86
10-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Sorry that was meant to say councilling!

jess123
10-17-2012, 10:01 AM
I know how you feel, the other day I felt like a robot, I don't enjoy school, I don't enjoy sports or going out with friends. Anxiety is so stressful, I wish I was completely happy with my boyfriend and didn't have doubts about whether he's right for me or not :'(

unsure0445
10-17-2012, 10:33 AM
If you're having doubts or anxiety about that... Take a step back and let reality sink in a little. Don't break up or anything but just take a step back . Figure yourself out . You can't make anyone happy until you're happy with yourself :) try to get some help with your anxiety, before it turns into more of a problem! I know with me it started small and grew bigger. And now I have more problems with my anxiety. So take care of it now :) & just talk to your bf ! You need someone to lean on.