PDA

View Full Version : Hi!!

veronique
08-31-2005, 12:46 PM
Hi, I'm new here and I have suffered with anxiety/depression for about 8 years. I'm now pregnant with my 2nd child and having a real hard time, I'm on Zoloft, but I'm having horrible anxiety attacks. Please help!!

shoe
08-31-2005, 01:59 PM
Veronique, how long have you been on Zoloft? I belive it can take a month to two months before you notice the effects of the medication.

If you've been on it long enough I'd talk to the doctor about switching to another SSRI or other medication. Benzodiazepines are often prescribed for immediate relief of anxiety attacks but are recommended to be taken on an as-needed basis.

Aside from medications, CBT therapy is a proven treatment for anxiety disorders. In addition, you can practice meditative breathing and other anti-stress activities. Theres a number of books describing different techniques to help alleviate anxieties. There's also a number of alternative therapy treatments that people have been exploring. I hope to post a list of these in the Resources section soon.

Oh.. one thing that may be a concern with Zoloft is in the Prescribing Information it makes a suggestion about possible effects in the third trimester of pregnancy to the fetus. I would discuss that with the doctor just in case.

anyway, welcome to the forum veronique =)

dan