PDA

View Full Version : Placebo effect

philw05
10-16-2012, 07:47 AM
I've just been told about quite a interesting article that i should read about an experiment carried out in Germany where 100 people with GAD were prescribed not an SSRI or Benzo but a simple chalk tablet (unknowingly obviously) and apparently 81 of them after 6 months claimed their Anxiety levels dropped immensely .. How true this is I don't know but , I feel a bit ... Pissed off but at the same time relieved.. What do you think.?

Bluesookie
10-16-2012, 07:52 AM
Well, I believe SSRI and benzo have their effects on anxiety and I've been a living proof of it. It did help me. In the case of paroxetine the tappering is what's been making me feel worse, I think.
Regarding benzodiazepine, I do believe that it acts on me more like placebo in stressful situations. I feel more confident knowing I took it before certain events. Sometimes, I don't even take it, just having one pill on my purse and knowing I can take it anytime calms me down.

philw05
10-16-2012, 08:01 AM
Yeah , it's like knowing you have it available and knowing it helps will allow you to calm.. I've seen many threads on here with people saying certain meds don't work... The mind is a powerful organ..!!