PDA

View Full Version : Heart concerns

dutchee13
10-16-2012, 04:14 AM
Hey there,

I'm 23 about 2 months ago after a rather large night out I was trying to nap when I started feeling my heart rate beating so fast I felt like I would faint.
I started feeling very cold and was uncontrollably shaking, I started crying and I felt like my heart would stop. I went to the ER where they did tests ECG monitor and was released with the doctor saying I as fine. 2 weeks later Had another issue exactly the same way. I have since been too 5 doctors who have done blood tests and they all say that my heart is fine but my blood pressure is way to high 171/ 75 .... The blood pressure has since gone down too 152/80. I am finding it extremely hard to sleep.

dutchee13
10-16-2012, 04:17 AM
When at work I am finding that I will touch my heart constantly, and will find it hard to breath. ,my heart is sluggish (well my mind thinks it is) every missed beat turns me in a paranoid freak! I have been a normal out going guy but I have given up smoking / drinking eating bad food. Shower time , bed time and work is just horrible for me. I am worried that I am just going to fall over and die. I hate being alone and will sit with my house mate invade I do keel over so that can look after me... Does anyone feel this way?

jhunter89
10-16-2012, 04:35 AM
This sounds familiar! I am also 23. Back in July I laid down to have a nap and all of a sudden my heart started racing i sat up, got myself some water tried to breathe deeply, took a cool shower nothing helped, i was so scared I thought i was having a heart attack! I started pacing around thinking this is it, I've only got a few hours to live! My left arm went numb and tingly Omg! I nearly called an ambulance but didn't. My bf got home from work and managed to calm me down but I had palpitations for about 3-4 days afterwards and I struggled to eat. But the less I focused on my heart beating it went away and thankfully I haven't had a PA that bad since. You gotta keep your mind focused on other things. If you've had all those tests done and drs say your fine you needn't be worried :)

dutchee13
10-16-2012, 04:46 AM
Thank you for your reply,

I am getting to the point where I am so upset all the time it's driving me crazy, affecting everything in my life. Do they still happen to you? In a full day I would say 10-14 hours is spent in thinking about my heart :-(

jhunter89
10-16-2012, 05:05 AM
Not very often thankfully! But they are frightening. You got to stop thinking about it, you thinking about it is probably why it is happening! Anxiety can cause a whole load is symptoms that seem life threatening and whatever you do, do not google them for gods sake! lol. Maybe something like beta blockers would help with your heart racing.
Your heart isn't just going to stop xx try relax, I know easier said than done

defmunel
10-16-2012, 07:50 AM
Same thing here. I was laying in bed one night after eating a bowl of curry an then BAM! My heart was racing. I jumped out of bed, and started pacing the floor. My hubby had no idea what to do. I got a cold glass of water, and laid on the couch, waiting for it to stop. It finally did. To this day I still get palps after eating, but I've made the connection that it's a digestive issue. Ive had EKG and blood work that all came back normal. My cholesterol is impeccable. I still have health anxiety. I've had many bad episodes of panic attacks in the last 3 years. I'm lucky to have my father as a therapist and My mother in law as a nurse to tell me I'm not dying. One thing my father suggested was an app called "relax now". It really does help me when I get all worked up. Also, i dont know if your a religious person, but i find that prayer really helps me. A lot. It gives me a lot of hope and faith. You need to find comfort that your dr said there is nothing wrong. And whatever you do, DO NOT GOOGLE SYMPTOMS! This could be the worst most detrimental thing you could do to yourself. I cannot stress it enough. Good luck my friend. You will get through!!! :)

Defmunel