PDA

View Full Version : Can lack of sleep and being worried cause appetite problems?

lancer123
04-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Hello,
I was put on Effexor 11 days ago. Since, I have been sleeping very poor at night. Maybe getting 2 to 3 hours.
When I first started taking the Effexor, my appetite was slowing comming back (I was hungry at diner for a few nights in a row). Now, my appetite is gone again. I wonder if lack of sleep and being worried can cause the appetite to go away along with having a upset tummy. My doctor perscribed Ambien but am affraid to take it because I don't want to feel hung over in the morning or get addicated to it. Maybe I should try it for a few nites just so I can get some rest. Does anybody have any thoughts on lack of sleep, worry, and appetite? Anybody taking Ambien with good results?

Lance

V for Victor
04-07-2007, 08:49 AM
The root problem here is probably your anxiety. Intense anxiety/depression can account for a lack of appetite, upset stomach (from all the worrying and lack of food) and difficulty sleeping.

It's a viscious circle, as all these problems only agitate each other.

willwander
04-07-2007, 02:38 PM
i have touble eating anything when i get anxious, apparently its because when you get anxious your bodies natural reaction is to prepare to run, and you run fastest on an empty stomach, funny eh?

Anyway I dont think its anything to worry about if you miss a meal or two or dont feel hungry for a little while, but if you start to lose a lot of weight make sure to have a chat with your doctor