PDA

View Full Version : trust

ibleedpink19
10-14-2012, 09:35 PM
I have a bf and we love each other. He's very supportive. But still a typical guy and doesn't always show emotion. And he doesn't show his love the same way I do. And he's very social with family and friends of the family. And bc of these things I am always panicking and paranoid thinking he's hiding something. I know he wouldn't cheat physically or emotionally but maybe he texts a family friend more than he's telling me. Idk. And I've always had dishonest relationships . Help.

leahbreanne
10-15-2012, 01:32 AM
Hi. I was in a destructive and abusive relationship for 4 years. I would get this feeling all the time, as if he was hiding something from me. (Usually he was) and I wasn't paid much attention to, which also made me anxious and hurt.
If you're having any doubts, voice it to him. Don't be afraid. Just don't accuse him- that will turn into a fight and nobody likes yelling or anger, it doesn't solve anything.
I say you just sit him down and tell him you're worries, and if he is nice and understanding and tries to change it, then good, and if it backfires I say get out of there.
My relationship caused MUCH of my anxiety and I feel so much better now that this person and I are not together, but I truly hope the best for you!

agraves911
10-15-2012, 01:32 AM
I totally get it. One screwed up relationship and now I've got trust issues. I hate that the fact that this one guy totally screwed me over and lied to me and now whenever I am in a relationship I have a hard time trusting the guy and I get all suspicious. I know that I had no reason to be too. Idk how to,help you other tha to say that I was never right about my suspicions. And that I totally understand what you are going through and that if you ever want to talk about it you can pm me or whatever.

raggamuffin
10-15-2012, 03:28 AM
It's hard to regain trust after past bad relationships. my first gf cheated on me and from then on it's been hard. As previously stated, don't start accusing him because controlling behaviour only serves to push people away. Yet their initial intention is to actually keep the person close to them. Do you go out and socialize with his friends and family with him a lot too? If you start getting anxious or panicky the best thing to do is keep yourself busy. Everyone needs their own space in a relationship, you can't be with each other 24/7 or that can cause problems. Why not go out socializing with your friends when he's out with his? It'll keep your mind off of the worries etc.

Most men aren't good at voicing their feelings. Tend to keep things bottled up and that'll in turn lead to arguements because they'll only address matters when things reach breaking point. It's best to be open about anything that upsets you and deal with it immediately to save future arguements. Also it lightens the load and you don't wind up overburdened with worry or ill feeling.

But you can't change people, and at the end of the day you might not be a good fit. I think if people didn't rush relationships and weren't so driven by emotions then everyone wouldn't have so many ex's. The initial buzz of liking someone clouds most sensible judgement. Not that people will really display their bad side/traits initially. It's why nowadays people who I start to like I make sure I get to know them ind etail for months prior to considering dating them. You start to see people's true colours and realize you're probably compatible with them. Saves a lot of heartache.

Ed