PDA

View Full Version : Hi,new

dark_pixie
10-14-2012, 08:59 PM
And having a particularly bad nite. I don't know why, I just am. I'm just sick of life and living and it scares me. I'm diagnosed with having social anxiety, and I've been having so many bad panic attacks lately, and I just don't want to do anything. I don't want to go to school or work or out with friends or even my boyfriend lately. No one I feel close to understands and I feel as though I can't tell them everything because of how they might view me. I just wanna scream.
I'm sorry this isn't the best post, I just need to get everything out. Hopefully someone out there can help me?

ibleedpink19
10-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Me!! I know how you feel. I get like that. But I end up hanging with family or a boyfriend and being clingy or sad or annoying. Idk if I'm much help bit I'm just letting you know you can vent more with me back and forth and that you're not alone.

unsure0445
10-14-2012, 09:55 PM
I know exactly how you feel. It makes you depressed. I am also dealing with social anxiety and it is the worst feeling ever. I've finally realized I have to do something about it, because I cannot live being scared of every situation I may be put in. I suggest going to see a therapist. My boyfriend is the only one who knows about this, because like you, I am afrai of how I will be viewed. He is very supportive and understanding. Maybe talk to your boyfriends or friends about it. Find someone who you can lean on to help you.

dark_pixie
10-15-2012, 04:36 AM
Thanks guys. I see a therapist at school, and I feel better after talking to her but during the rest of the week, it just feels like I have no one I can really trust to tell them everything that's really going on in my head. My boyfriend has been with me through all this, and I know it's not easy being with me with all my issues, and I know sometimes he gets frustrated, so I try not to unload on him to much.

unsure0445
10-15-2012, 02:04 PM
I wish the best for you, because from experience i know how hard it is and how miserable it can make you.

dark_pixie
10-16-2012, 05:50 AM
Thank you.

It is hard. Somedays I just don't want to be any more. I just want to run away and live alone in a little shack in the woods.
Lately I have been having those feelings more and more. I've also been wanting to hurt myself, cut myself, in hopes that it will release some of this pain that's filling me up until I feel like I'm going to burst. I haven't because I know it's not right, but I've been close. So close.

dshester
10-16-2012, 06:44 AM
Don't focus on the negative things in life, do not dwell on them! Did you know that you choose to feel this way by the way you think? I know cus I was one of them too, I suffered from anxiety since I was in 7th grade. now I am a graduate and have a successful job. I know exactly how you feel, everything you mentioned I have went through myself. This does not last... ever heard of the saying 'knowledge is power?'... please I urge you to find out about this, once you know what this really is... I guarantee you will defeat these feelings of anxiety. I bought audio cd's author; Lucinda Bassett and it changed my life. Don't let this control you... this is your life, take a stand and talk to yourself... tell yourself to stand up... and do something about... you can defeat this!!

unsure0445
10-16-2012, 08:54 PM
It makes you depressed and feel miserable. You literally have no idea why you think some of the things you do. I got to that point, and I finally had enough. I knew God intended for me to do more with my life! I'm in the early stages of trying to get rid of my anxiety and basically recover. I've been more open about it with others! Good luck !

cyncyn
10-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Did you know that you choose to feel this way by the way you think?

My counselor tells me this all the time, frustrates me because I feel that I can't/ don't know how to change it but you are right.

maverik
10-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Im going through the same thing. No one gets it they think i do it for attention or to piss people off. Even my boyfriend tonight told me he cant take my stress anymore. Who am i spose to lean on then if not him?! People think you do it on purpose but they dont realize that its like being trapped by your self. I often feel like i need rehab from myself. Its a hard fight.

dark_pixie
10-17-2012, 09:55 AM
I know exactly how you feel. I do not feel this way because I want to. If I could change it I would. My mom tells me all the time that I just have to stop. That I have to make sure not to have a panick attack at this time or that time and my boyfriend said something like he thinks I do it on purpose cause it usually happens at work. I feel like screaming at them I'm sorry I'm not as strong as you want me to be.