PDA

View Full Version : Hi, im a newbie!

becki_kj
10-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Hi everyone,
A few weeks ago I got diagnosed with anxiety. I was sure I didn't have it and that everyone worried like I did but since seeing my doctor I've realised quite how bad I am and how much it's actually affected my life so far! It's scary! Did anyone else feel like that at first!

Mmarriner34
10-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Hi everyone,
A few weeks ago I got diagnosed with anxiety. I was sure I didn't have it and that everyone worried like I did but since seeing my doctor I've realised quite how bad I am and how much it's actually affected my life so far! It's scary! Did anyone else feel like that at first!

I have been fighting it for years and its caused me a lot of hell. Broke up with a girl because she got annoyed and angry when i had panic/anxiety. Not a fun thing at all and yes its scary, i brushed it off for way too long and am dealing with it huge now.

firefly06
10-14-2012, 05:27 PM
My major issue with mine is actually his lack of support and understanding towards me and my anxiety. Just gets angry and frustrated and closes off to conversation and doesn't offer any comfort at all. It's very disheartening to have the one that says they love you not be emotionally supportive at all. :/

dazza
10-14-2012, 05:45 PM
My major issue with mine is actually his lack of support and understanding towards me and my anxiety. Just gets angry and frustrated and closes off to conversation and doesn't offer any comfort at all. It's very disheartening to have the one that says they love you not be emotionally supportive at all. :/

Anybody can say "I love you" - but do they actually feckin' well mean it?

With love, should come the help and support you need.
If you don't get it... I can almost guarantee that your relationship will end in tears.

Your fella needs to be educated in anxiety disorder. Sooner rather than later.

Mmarriner34
10-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Anybody can say "I love you" - but do they actually feckin' well mean it?

With love, should come the help and support you need.
If you don't get it... I can almost guarantee that your relationship will end in tears.

Your fella needs to be educated in anxiety disorder. Sooner rather than later.

Mine did end in tears on my choice and as i read above, she closed the door rather than supporting.

firefly06
10-14-2012, 07:30 PM
He knows about anxiety, he is pretty much unsupportive in most eveything. My sister was murdered last summer and he didn't comfort me then. Never said a word about it. (that was the beginning of the end for me.) He said he just didn't know what to say because most men are "fixers" they try to fix a problem and death can't be fixed so he couldn't do anything to help. That was it..