PDA

View Full Version : New to anxiety.

hlucy
10-14-2012, 03:24 AM
Hi there. Im hannah im 20 yrs old, ive been recently "diagnosed" with anxiety a month ago.
Its nice to know that im not the only one suffering this, i thought ive been over reacting the whole time and im being stupid.
Its such a roller coaster ride, it all started in bed one night a few weeks ago i woke up frightened from my fast heart beat, i thought i was going to die, i saw the doctor and had an ECG she thought it was just an irregular heart beat but nothing was found. She said the palpitation may have been caused from stress. 3 days later i was in bed i had the palpitations again i got stressed i was having chest pain, numbness and i was crying to my partner. I drove myself to the ER. After 2 ECGs and a 6hour wait they just told me it was pyschological and to go home and dont think about it.... The next day i saw my doctor and then she told me it was anxiety and gave me valium to take when i need to. i have no idea how i got anxiety. im one week from graduating my diploma and im still getting palpitations and freaking out.... im not sure what i can do. my partner trys to help me and wants me to talk to him but i struggle letting everything out. . i feel like people are staring at me in public and it makes me nervous and their judging me.. .. its only been a month and i just want it to stopwhen i ned to

lsapphirel
10-14-2012, 08:39 AM
Hi, go to general discussion and read up the sticky.

On another note, my anxiety, well, panic attack starts in bed just as i was getting ready for bed.
Months later, im still having panic attacks, and as the docs here said, 'you still havent gotten over your anxiety huh.'

Are you on CBT?

And welcome to the forum :)